Chapter 25: Library*

Warning: More spicy content (two in a row!!)

The gentle caress of the sun peeking through from the enchanted ceiling above told me it was now Sunday. And the soft, deep breathing coming from my right told me I was the only one awake.

I softly shifted myself to my side, now face to face with the culprit who was snoozing peacefully. I couldn't help but touch his face, following the freckles with my finger and pushing the soft, brown locks that had fallen over his forehead back. I tucked a delicate kiss on the tip of his nose before snuggling back in to his arms, tucking my head under his chin. He stirred lightly and let out a small grunt, his arms adjusting and squeezing me tighter.

I never wanted to leave.

"Mmm. Morning..." he moaned into my hair, his voice low and croaky.

"Good morning," I responded, my voice less sleepy and chirpier than his. I did get to spend the last few minutes staring at him while he slept peacefully, though.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, tickling my fingers up and down his back, making him shiver.

"I did, actually. What's the time?" He asked still half asleep.

I leaned across him, making sure to cover my chest to grab his pocket watch from his pants that were beside the bed. Despite my attempts to remain covered, he took to nipping and kissing at the skin of my stomach that was now above him, making me flinch.

"Sebastian! Please! It's 10am!" I said, my body curling into itself to stop the tickling.

"10? In the morning?" He responded, his voice now perked up as he panicked about the time.

"Yes, that's usually what the 'am' following the number means."

"Oh shut up, Olive. I know that. Ominis will be wondering where the fuck I am, he's no doubt stressed out." He slipped me off the top of him and sat up, running his hand through his hair to slick it back and yawning very audibly.

"I thought you slept well?" I asked.

"I did. I could always do with more though." He said with a stretch before swinging his legs off the bed and starting to replace his underwear and pants

How we both functioned on very minimal sleep most days baffled me. To think we'd once made a deal with each other to stay in bed until 7am, who knew all it took was sharing a bed wrapped up in each other to sleep even longer.

We decided to go our separate ways once we were sufficiently dressed to get cleaned up and changed from the previous days clothes and meet up again later for dinner and study.

My late walk-in to the common room didn't go unnoticed with Imelda quickly jumping up to greet me.

"Walk of shame?" She said with a smirk, elbowing my in my ribs.

"Stop that." I mumbled, pushing her away.

She followed me straight into the dormitory and just wouldn't drop the subject.

"You know... I heard a rumour..." Imelda began.

"Let me guess, Grace Pinch-Smeldey told you?" I interrupted her.

"Well... no. Nerida Roberts told me Grace told her that you and Sebastian were caught in the court yard making quite a public display."

"Oh for Merlin's sake! Maybe if people are going to spread rumours they should make them consistent! We've never been in the library or the courtyard to do anything!"

"Well I'll believe your word over theirs anyway."

"I would fucking hope so, Reyes, you're supposed to be my best friend!"