Chapter 10: Treasure Hunters

"Sebastian," I chased after him as I caught a glimpse of him in the common room, the Tales of Beedle the Bard in hand, "Here's your book back, thanks for letting me borrow it."

"Of course. Did you like it?" He said, collecting the book from me and tucking it into his robes.

"I did, thank you. I kind of wish I had the chance to read it myself as a child." I smiled and turned to leave when he grabbed the sleeve of my robe and pulled me back.

"Wait, Olive, that reminds me. I've been thinking about that book. I know we found the invisibility cloak, do you think the other ones are real too?"

"I don't know, Sebastian, and I don't really care much to find out. What on Earth could we possibly do with such a wand?" I said, trying to shut down the idea completely.

"I'm certain there's many things that could be done. I had been considering whether it would work to destroy the stores of ancient magic under Hogwarts. I know the keepers wanted it destroyed... what if this is the wand to do it? It would take a lot of pressure off you, knowing it was gone forever."

I cocked an eyebrow at him, though I would be lying if I said I wasn't considering what he said. The knowledge of Isadora's powerful magic lurking beneath my feet every day was a lingering stress in the back of my mind. It wasn't hidden knowledge that something had happened and I held a special kind of magic no one else did. Rumours had spread. I was always worried it was only a matter of time before someone tried to take it for themselves again.

"Maybe you're right, but where would we even start? It could be anywhere in the world." I asked, I was definitely having hesitations about this considering what happened last time he thought he had some brilliant idea.

"Do you know who you're talking to? I'll see what I can find out." He smirked.

I nodded and Sebastian smiled back at me before turning on his heels and walking away.

Sebastian had become incredibly frustrating lately. I know I had thought I needed to get away from him for a while to try and work out how I felt about Garreth... but he was completely ignoring me unless I approached him first. He was still friendly enough, but he never mentioned the almost moment we shared but to be honest, I didn't feel like bringing it up at all now. There was no use complicating things more than they already were. But now he was talking about going in search of some powerful artifact that might not even exist. And why? For me? Ridiculous.

But on a random Tuesday afternoon a few weeks later, he collected me without a word from the common room and dragged me to his dormitory.

"Sebastian? What are y—" I protested.

"Shhh," he said, holding my shoulders and forcing me to sit down on his bed before grabbing a box out that had been tucked under his bed and opening the lid to take out many piles of parchment covered in his messy scrawl.

"What do you mean 'shhh'?" I said in a loud whisper.

"I think I've found a lead on the wand. I don't think you're going to like it."

"Sebastian..." I said in a disapproving tone.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do."

"The last owner that has been officially known to have the wand is a man named Loxias. It's unknown who became the owner after him. It could be his mother or his brothers. But he was a notorious Dark Wizard. And I found a small segment from a book that suggests there is a tomb in the north of Scotland where Loxias and his family are. Something tells me we should be looking there."

"Northern Scotland? Are you mad?" I said, my voice growing slightly louder.

"Only slightly." He cocked a small smile and sat back on the bed, dropping the pile of parchment in front of him.