Chapter 33: Done Deal*

Warning: Spicy chapter, possessive Seb 😏

The following nights sleep wasn't as peaceful for Sebastian or myself. I'd joined him in his dormitory which I immediately regretted because his incessant tossing and turning kept me awake all night too. So we'd have two of us absolutely sleep deprived trying to make shady deals with a shady goblin tomorrow.

Sebastian was awake before I was, and when I did wake, he was stroking my hair with his thumb.

"Mmm. Good morning." I stretched.

"Morning, my love." He said, placing a kiss where his thumb had just been.

"No more morning surprises then?" I asked.

He smirked and pressed his hips to my side, showing me that he did indeed have a morning surprise.

"Fuck, Sebastian. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a horny virgin. Every morning, I swear."

"Well. Only one of those things is true." He winked.

"Repulsive." Ominis called from the bed beside us.

His comments ended our banter and I was feeling annoyed we'd decided to sleep here rather than in the room of requirement where we actually got to be alone. I don't know why we ever chose to stay in the dormitories when that was an option, come to think of it...

Sebastian insisted I shower with him again, citing that he was feeling upset about Ominis and Anne.

But to my surprise, there was nothing innately sexual or romantic about Sebastian's intentions in the shower like I thought. Maybe he was sad. It was almost like he'd even forgotten I was there. He was staring off into the distance and apart from asking for the soap to wash himself, he didn't even speak to me.

"Galleon for your thoughts?" I asked, taking the soap from his hands and putting it back onto the shelf to gain his attention.

"Hm? Oh. Sorry. I'm just stressed. Anne, you know..." He said softly.

"I don't think you're telling me the truth and as your girlfriend, I'm sure there are some unwritten rules about lying to your significant other."

His eyes scanned mine for a moment, like he was searching for something, but I'm not sure what he was looking for.

"Are you not concerned that Ominis' brother might know we are up to some shady shit? He's fucking powerful, Olive. Marvolo has killed without remorse. If he finds out who you are, the magic you possess and that you're in the Rosier family... I don't even want to think what could happen to you. They'd probably tie you down and arrange to have you married off to Ominis."

Fuck.

That was certainly something I hadn't considered. I certainly didn't want to marry Ominis. I'm certain Sebastian wouldn't have liked me to either. And I'm sure Anne would have something to say about the man she was likely to be betrothed to soon marrying her brothers girlfriend.

"I hadn't. But it just seems like a small exchange of favours between two brothers to me. I'm sure Ominis didn't tell him what we were up to." I assured him.

"You're so naive sometimes, Olive. He might not know, but I'm sure he'll be prying. Knowing Ominis is doing something untoward will pique his interests. Because Ominis doesn't do what he does. Hell, he doesn't even do what we do. So he'll be snooping around to find out."

"Don't call me naive, Sebastian. I'm merely trying to be optimistic. Why should we stand here and stress ourselves out?"

"Well, I can put that aside for now, but can I stress about this goblin? I'm not keen on dragging you back into that pub again."