Chapter 36: Sebastian's Return*

Warning: Spiiiiiiicy chapter, angry sex

I stood in the warm afternoon sun as it beamed down upon me in a small garden in Feldcroft, just on the outskirts of the hamlet. It was less grass and more delicate flowers amongst the stones and pebbles.

I wore a light pink dress, it was sweet. Anne had picked it out for me a while ago. It just brushed my ankles and had sweet, puffed sleeves. It was cute.

I stood next to a trembling Ominis as tears welled in his eyes, my hand moved up and down his back in gentle strokes, attempting to comfort him, though I knew he didn't like the physical touch.

"You'll be alright, Omi. You can do it." I said, reassuring him with a gentle coo of my voice.

I hadn't seen Sebastian since we found out about Anne. That was over a month ago. I don't even know if he was going to be here at all or if he'd even got word of it.

"I'm not ready for this." Ominis said softly, his emotions threatening to spill over.

"You are. You'll be brave. You always are brave. This is what you have to do."

Ominis dipped his head low and breathed heavily, squeezing his eyes closed and then open again, allowing the tears to spill onto his shoes.

The soft crunching of footsteps behind me on the fallen leaves told me someone was coming towards us. We both turned around and my mouth dropped open.

"Ominis... I wish you could see this." I hiccuped, tears welling in my own eyes.

Ominis let out a gentle whimper as he wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his suit.

His bride was approaching.

And to my surprise, she was clinging onto Sebastian's arm.

Anne looked ethereal. She wore a white, long gown that flowed behind her as she walked, her veil nestled perfectly amongst her hair that I didn't realise was so long due to always being in a bun trailing delicately behind. The sun caught against the intricate lacework on her dress, creating a glow around her. Her smile was radiant. Despite what we'd been told a month ago, today she looked well. She looked healthy. I was sure I was dreaming.

Sebastian's eyes caught mine for a fleeting moment as he walked his sister towards his best friend. I was stubborn. I refused to avert my gaze and stared at him with an expressionless look. He averted his eyes first.

Anne hugged her brother tightly, her wet eyes dampening the shoulder of his crisp, white shirt. She stood before Ominis, reaching forward for his hands as they intertwined them. I saw Ominis squeeze hers incredibly tightly.

"Hi." Sebastian said softly as he moved to stand beside me.

I simply shook my head.

I was unbelievably mad at him.

I was furious.

I wanted to punch him straight in the nose right there and then. But that would ruin Anne and Ominis' day.

He exhaled deeply and brought his attention back to the couple right in front of us.

Ominis' hands were touching Anne's dress, feeling her bare collarbones and taking the material that started off her shoulders between his fingers. His hands traced down, absorbing the feeling of the lacy material that engulfed her arms and stopped delicately at her wrists.

"I can only imagine how beautiful you must look." Ominis said, wiping another tear from his eye.

Anne smiled warmly at Ominis, her eyes filled with tears if her own. "And you, my love, look absolutely handsome. I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time."