Chapter 86: Epilogue Part 2 - Ominis & Lawson

Lawson

I will admit life has been a little dull at the Ministry lately.

I stayed on as an Auror, it certainly was my true calling and Ominis still worked there but his department was on the opposite side to the building as mine.

Sebastian and Olive were working on very different things to me so I never saw them. Sure, I made new Auror friends, but there was something about going to work with the friends I'd made at school that made it really fun and interesting.

We'd also fallen into a nice routine when my work was slow. It was a nice life.

Ominis would get home before me and start preparing dinner and I would take over while he sat by the fire.

"Here you go, sir." I said, placing a plated roast dinner in front of him.

"Thank you, Lawson. Did ever tell you that you're a fantastic cook?" He said, smelling the mingling aromas.

"You did. But won't hurt to tell me again."

We laughed.

And we shared a glass of wine each.

Then we showered and went to bed like we always did.

I didn't tell Ominis my mind had kept me awake at night lately.

But I was bored.

Not of Ominis, but simply with life in general. It was like I needed a change or something more. I had never been in a proper real relationship until him. Sure, I'd bedded a few girls at school and while I was training as an Auror, but none of them made me feel as comfortable as he did. And our life was comfortable.

But Lawson Carr doesn't like consistency.

Lawson Carr likes a bit of chaos.

Probably why I was so close with Sebastian while we were at school.

Ominis Gaunt likes consistency.

Ominis Gaunt does not like chaos.

I never understood why he was so close with Sebastian.

Yin and Yang, maybe.

We saw Sebastian and Olive quite often, usually once a week for dinner. Though, our dinners were less sit-down-formal and more eat-quickly-so-Eloise-can-go-run-around-again.

That meant we often found ourselves in Aranshire rather than our home in London. Sebastian had a specific room with a lock for all his precious books and other bits and pieces. Ominis and I did not. So when Eloise came to visit, it was a fight over who was going to chase her around the house making sure she didn't tear an ancient tome to shreds.

But we did love our dear niece. And she loved her Uncle Omi and Uncle Laws.

After one particularly enjoyable evening with the Sallows, I had this overwhelming urge to finally broach a topic with Ominis I'd been dodging for months.

As we tucked ourselves into bed, Ominis curling in my arms as he usually did, I pushed back his hair off his forehead.

"What are you doing?" He asked me sceptically, turning to face me.

"Do you ever think about kids?" I asked, a wide grin on my face.

"What? Like Eloise? Yeah, I think about her... sometimes? What kind of question is this?" Ominis said with a touch of annoyance.