Chapter 37: Empty Hourglass

TW: A heads up, there's gonna be a lot of talk and depictions of death, terminal illnesses, suicide and other really heavy topics coming up soon in the next few chapters. If this is something that you might find a bit confronting or scary, please take care reading and feel free to skip over ❤️

I woke up in Sebastian's bed, still sweaty, naked and fucking sore.

Angry Sebastian was insatiable Sebastian. He took out every inch of frustration on me and apparently got one up on Ominis for marrying his sister because he fucked me for the third time that night on his bed. He didn't even use scourgify on the sheets.

Disgusting. But also hilarious.

But instead of being tucked safely in his arms, Sebastian's own sweaty back was pressed against mine, his warmth seeping into my skin. I sat up and looked over at him and his arms were folded across his chest, his eyebrows furrowed.

The sight made me wonder what was on his mind. I carefully untangled myself from the sheets and sat up, stealing a moment to observe his features.

I snapped myself out of my daydream when his eyelashes started to flicker and he opened his tired eyes, turning to see me sitting upright and looking at him.

"Oh. You're still here. I half expected you to go back to your own bed." Sebastian said with a yawn.

"Why would I? You rendered me nearly unconscious last night. There's no way I was walking that far."

"Hah. That I did. But you're mad at me." He said.

"And you're mad at me." I said.

"I'm not mad at you, Olive. I'm mad at the situation." He corrected me.

"Well, how can I help you fix that?" I asked.

"You've already helped enough. But I swear on Merlin's beard if you tell Ominis we fucked on his bed-"

"Sebastian, why would I tell him that? I'd rather him think we not fuck at all but you make that rather difficult." I cut him off.

A smirk grew on his face, knowing damn well he did make it quite difficult to hide our activities from not only Ominis but everyone else around us.

I scowled at him and he recoiled a bit, scooting back across the bed away from me.

"So where did you go?" I asked, now calm enough to actually take Sirona's advice and speak to him.

"Around. Didn't really stay anywhere in particular. Spent a lot of time on benches in the hamlets or at inn's." He said casually.

"Sebastian! That's so dangerous!" I said, shocked he admitted that he'd lived basically homeless for a month.

"Well consider dangerous my middle name then. I didn't mind. I liked being away from everything. No one knew who I was, no one had any opinions of me. I actually enjoyed it and I haven't enjoyed anything in a long time."

"Well, Sebastian Dangerous Sallow, I'm glad you were happy... but I was miserable. You're supposed to be my boyfriend and I thought you were dead somewhere. It was the worst month of my life. Are you even still my boyfriend?" I asked, genuinely unsure of where we stood despite last night.

Sebastian opened his mouth to speak, then sat back and closed it, looking at me with a strange look.

"What?" I said.

He pulled me into his arms and squeezed me tightly, nuzzling his face into the nape of my neck.

"I'm sorry I made you feel like that, Olive. Of course you're my girlfriend. I would never dream of you not being. I promise, I won't leave again."