Chapter 19: Scones

"Olive, are you ready to go back to Hogwarts?" One of the more kinder healers asked me later in the afternoon.

I nodded and she helped me lift myself out of the bed, though my stomach was screaming at me to stop and get back into the bed.

They travelled me via some really weird suitcase thing to avoid me feeling the tug and pull of the apparition and I managed to get back to the hospital wing and into the cold, not very comfortable bed with not too much pain.

"Rest up, Miss Raywood. I'm glad you're alright." Nurse Blainey spoke as she finished her rounds before returning to her little room off the side.

Just as I thought I could close my eyes and finally rest, I heard the rustling of something coming through the door and frantic footsteps approaching.

They ceased and I knew whoever it was, was now standing right by my bedside.

"I'm not asleep." I mumbled, keeping my eyes closed.

"Then open your eyes."

I obeyed and turned my head to my right to see a wildly disheveled looking Sebastian presenting me with what seemed to be a hand picked bundle of flowers. My eyes widened as I admired the various colours and greenery he'd picked and bunched together. They were beautiful.

"What's a hospital stay without some flowers?" He smiled as he placed them in a small vase next to the bed, quickly casting aguamenti to give them some water. "How are you feeling?"

"Thank you. I'm feeling much better now I'm back here. Did you manage to get some sleep?"

"Yes."

"Sebastian..."

"Alright, no." He smiled.

I yanked one of the pillows from behind me and tossed it in his direction.

"Then what are you doing here? Go and sleep!"

"No. I needed to see you." He smiled again.

I groaned and shuffled over slightly, lifting the blanket and patting the bed beside me. It was awfully small but I could use his touch and comfort right now.

He smiled and took off his robe, laying it on a chair and jumped into the bed beside me and held out his arms, letting me slide into them. It reminded me of when I slept in his bed only days ago, I had assumed that I had felt so safe and warm in his arms because we had literally just had sex for the first time but this felt exactly the same, if not better. It was like I belonged here. In Sebastian's arms.

I closed my eyes and tucked my head under his chin, inhaling his scent, feeling his light stubble on my forehead and found myself being lulled into a gentle sleep. I realised he must have felt the same as a soft snore came from his mouth, startling me a little.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw the soft morning light filtering through the windows of the hospital wing. He'd stayed all night. Sebastian was still asleep, his face relaxed and peaceful, and I couldn't help the swelling feeling in my heart.

I gently brushed a strand of his hair away from his forehead and pressed a soft kiss there.

As Sebastian began to stir, I snuggled closer to him, not wanting to wake him up just yet even though I had to so he could get to class. But he soon opened his eyes, and a warm smile spread across his face as he looked down at me.

"Hey," he whispered softly.

"Hey," I replied with a contented sigh.

Sebastian placed a tender kiss on my forehead. "I'm glad you're okay, Olive."