Chapter 27: Christmas Pt. 2

Morning sunlight peered through the small window in the bedroom Sebastian and I claimed last night. It perfectly caressed Sebastian's nose and filled the room with a delightful warmth. I crawled out from under his grasps and threw on a robe, tip toeing out of the room to let Sebastian sleep just a little longer.

I was the first one awake, or at least the first one to emerge from the bedroom. I tossed a few more logs in the fire to ensure it was warm enough for everyone and began to boil the water to serve up some tea.

I had grown up in the suburbs around London my whole life. I had never, ever spent time in a small place like Feldcroft and the peacefulness of the morning air soothed my very soul. I actually felt at peace. If I listened closely enough, I could hear the faint chirping of birds and rustling of the trees in the distance. Living here didn't seem so bad after all.

"Good morning,"

Ominis' sleepy voice startled me from my daydream as he emerged from his room already dressed and looking proper with his hair slicked back. Thank god he was blind because I felt rather undressed in his presence wearing only my nightgown and a robe over the top.

Ominis always was very proper though. I figured that's what he's grown up with living in Gaunt Manor. If I had lived amongst the Rosier's, I suppose I'd be much the same.

I didn't have to worry much about feeling underdressed for long as something very slightly resembling my boyfriend emerged from our room with still closed eyes and very, very disheveled hair, brown tufts sticking up in spikes and some still pressed against his forehead. His cheek was imprinted with the creases of the pillow he'd been pressed upon.

"Oh, Merlin, Sebastian. Would it kill you to put on a shirt?" Ominis groaned in his direction.

"Aren't you supposed to be fucking blind? How do you always do that!" He argued back, yawning as he sleepily made his way over to me in the small kitchen.

"Good morning, gorgeous." He said, turning me around to face him with a grip of my hip. He planted a lingering kiss on my mouth and laid his arm across my shoulder as I prepared our cups for tea. "Do you want me to make some breakfast?"

"That depends, what are your cooking abilities like? I've seen you bake." I asked with a hand on my hip.

"Pardon you, Olive. I'll have you know I am a fantastic cook, just ask Anne."

"Maybe I will. Stick to eggs, yes?" I asked, pouring the tea into our cups and carrying them over to the table.

The wafting smell of the fresh brew dragged Anne out from the bedroom. While she was still in her nightgown, she had at least taken to combing her hair, something that couldn't be said about her brother.

Anne sat next to Ominis and the two sipped their boiling brew, deep in conversation about the Christmas tree we were getting today.

I, on the other hand, was watching Sebastian in the kitchen. His arms flexed, showing his more toned figure as he cracked eggs into a bowl, ready to mix. His hips swayed slightly as he beat the eggs together with a dash of milk. Sebastian was fucking gorgeous. And something about seeing him so domesticated right now had me wishing Anne and Ominis weren't sitting directly opposite me so I could offer myself up to him on the table.

Stop eye fucking him while they are sitting right there!

Yes. Stop it.

I got back up and helped Sebastian prepare toast to go with the scrambled eggs he was making for us. I playfully bumped our hips together as we manoevered around each other in the kitchen.

"Stop that or I'll have to take you back to bed right now. I don't care what those two say." He growled in my ear, holding onto both of my shoulders with his large hands.