Chapter 81: Commitments

Sebastian came back to St Mungos the next day with the Daily Prophet under one arm and the biggest bunch of flowers I had ever seen under the other.

"Which one would you like first?" He whispered, tiptoeing closer to me to give me a deep, longing kiss.

"Well, that depends. What does the Prophet say?" I said, prying us apart.

He chuckled and handed me the paper while he set the flowers in a vase and quickly filled it with a short blast of Aguamenti.

Dark Wizards Arrested
Gaunt and Pollard charged

"They finally got them?" I said, wide eyed.

"They did. I suppose my skills are better than I thought. I told Prewett he'd stay under but I really wasn't sure. I was bluffing."

"How did you do that anyway?"

Sebastian smirked, cocky bastard. "Imperio? I've been practicing wandless magic for ages. I can do simple ones, Wingardium Leviosa, Stupefy, even launched Lawson off the duelling table at work once with Depulso... but never anything like that. I wasn't even sure it was going to work."

"God, you're so sexy when you talk down your abilities."

"Now, now." He said, placing a hand between us, "You just had two babies. I'm certain you don't want me anywhere near you right now."

"Exactly. So stop it."

He chuckled and turned his attention to our two new babies, sleeping peacefully in their bassinets and I flicked through the newspaper.

Marvolo Gaunt and Francesca Pollard were arrested yesterday, charged with the kidnapping and assault of three Aurors, Sebastian Sallow, Olive Sallow and Leander Prewett.

"It's really over..." I said with a smile, setting down the paper on the bedside.

"It is. You asked to finally have some peace and I think we are finally going to get it. Because I quit." Sebastian said plainly, as if it weren't a big deal. Which it was.

"You what?" I said, trying hard to stay quiet to not startle the babies, but it was difficult.

"I quit. I'm done. Sure, I was good at it but it's too risky. All of this has made me realise what is important, and that is you and the kids and I will never put you all at risk ever again. The Ministry can burn for all I care."

While I appreciated the gesture, it seemed an incredibly reckless thing to do. What about income? Did I now need to quit too?

"I know what you're thinking." He said.

Bastard.

"But I have something to tell you."

I cocked my head to the side, I probably needed to hear him out before I decided how to react next.

"When I came to see you at Hogwarts, Professor Weasley caught me. She told me Professor Hecat was retiring, her body isn't handling the pressure anymore. And if I wanted to, she was going to recommend me for the job of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. And I got it. Black, of all people, chose to appoint me."