Chapter 50: The Last Night

My eyes flickered open to crisp morning light billowing in over the top of me. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes, realising I was still in bed. There was a hand across my bare abdomen, holding me tightly. A ringed hand. The hand of Sebastian.

Yesterday felt like a dream and I honestly thought I was just going to wake up in my own dormitory.

I rolled over so I was now face to face with my consort. My other half. My... husband. He was the picture of perfection, his lips slightly parted as his bare chest rose and fell softly with the deep breaths he was taking. I couldn't help but slide in closer and peck kisses on his nose and tuck back stray hairs that had become wildly untamed, either through sleeping or our first night together as a married couple. I couldn't be sure.

"If you keep kissing me like that I'll have to give you a repeat of last night." He mumbled, though his eyes were still closed.

"I wouldn't mind." I said, leaning forward to finally kiss him on the mouth.

"I bet." He scoffed back a small laugh.

He rolled onto his back and stretched his arms above his head with a loud yawn before bringing his attention back to me. He laced his fingers in mine, bringing my left hand to his mouth to kiss, admiring the two rings he'd put on my finger.

"When we get to Ilvermorny, I was thinking I'll get you the proper engagement ring I promised you." He said, his fingers tracing over the set.

"Why?" I asked, puzzled. We hadn't brought it up once since he initially asked.

"Well, I told you that one was only temporary. I was going to get one you wanted." He explained.

"I like this one." I frowned.

"Really? I thought you'd like one of your own." He side, his brows furrowed with confusion.

"I mean, if you want this one back I'm happy to get a new one. But I think it's gorgeous and I like the sentiment behind it."

"Hm. Alright. If you're really sure you're okay with that one, I would be so happy for you to keep it."

We both broke out into a wide smile, the significance of the ring was clearly super important to us both and I could tell that me keeping it made Sebastian incredibly happy.

We lazed around all morning, kissing, cuddling and succumbing to our primal urges two more times before we decided we needed to satiate our actual appetites and not our sexual ones. But not before the Room shifted to offer us a bathroom and we attempted to clean ourselves off before fulfilling our urges once more.

"Enough." I panted as he let me down from the shower wall.

I needed a fucking break.

We were finally clean and dressed and left the Room, making it to the Great Hall just in time for lunch.

"I was wondering when you'd both make an appearance." Ominis said, almost with a tone of annoyance and we sat across from him.

"Oh, we slept in. We were so tired, we had such a late night. You're married, I'm sure you understand, Ominis." Sebastian smirked.

I kicked his shin under the table while smacking his arm at the same time.

"Fucking ouch!" He cried out.

"You're disgusting. If I could reach you, I would kick you too." Ominis said with a disgusted look.

"Well, you commented on our tardiness! Just thought I would offer an... explanation." Sebastian said, bending down to hold his shin but also not wiping the wide smile off his face.