2.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 2

MAHLATHINI

"Vele you're going to pay, what the fuck were you thinking? are you drunk?"

"No" she says wiping her tears. He huffs in defeat, being angry will not help the situation.

"Get up"  he says to her. A crowd has gathered around them taking pictures and videos.

The Porsche isn't damaged as his taxi is. He has to call a tow truck. He turns to the white girl who looks terrified "Will you be able to get home?" she shakes her head and starts crying again. Abelungu.

"I can't trust you" she says to him when he offers to driver her home. She's in no state to drive.

"Then call someone to come get you because I will not leave you out here alone" she walks to the car and comes back with a phone. She starts making calls but it seems no one is available to come pick her up. There's no Uber in KwaDukuza. She's stranded.

"I'm not a killer or a rapist. I won't do anything to you. I want to be sure you arrive home safe" His words seem to soften her up. She nods slightly and starts walking to the car. She gets in on the passenger seat and closes the door.

"Eh! Malums, what happened here?" the petrol attendant who he tipped not a while ago asks. He calls him uncle not because he's old, it's just respect he shows for his favourite customer who tips him daily.

"Ey cishe konakaka. Lalela. The tow truck is on the way. Please sign the documents for me when they arrive"

"I will do Malume, no problem" he nods and proceeds to the Porsche Panamera, a car he can only dream of owning.

•••TBC