35.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 35

[NARRATIVE]

"What are we going to do?" she asks him as they sit on the bench. Mahlathini throws his eyes back at the ward where Nomeva is throwing a tantrum shouting to everyone how they are planning to kidnap and kill her "We can't take her by force" he sighs and leans back on the bench.

"We'll leave her for today. If we come back and nothing has changed, I'll be forced to take her to an old age home, there's no other way, she can't stay forever"

"Whatever you decide I'll support you" Connie says and holds his hand. She calls Thando whose wondering around and picks her up as they walk out to the car. They had a different plan for this day, all of that has been ruined.

They pass by the Shisanyama to check on Celiwe. She's temporarily running the place for her brother and surprisingly she's doing a great job. Everything looks clean and organized.

"Nang' ubhutiza!" she yells for everyone to hear as she walks to Mahlathini, they hug. The feeling of having a brother is the one she'll never get used to. She lived all her life alone and accepted she had only herself but now she has a family, people she can call whenever she has a problem, it's just amazing.

"Your grandmother doesn't want to come back home, she was crying ethi sifuna ukumbulala" Celiwe is laughing. She hasn't met Nomeva yet but everything she's been told about her is bad. She still doesn't know how to feel about the fact that she's the one who chased her mother away. She's the reasons she grew up as an orphan. As much as she's not a person who holds grudges, that is something she's struggling to swallow.

She goes to ask the guys to prepare meat and Pap. She returns to the table with a cold drink "I'm glad you have everything under control. But don't be scared to tell me when you need to be released"

"Aybo, Bhuti. I enjoy working lana. It's fun, kune vibe. I've lived all my life bored and sad, so nje, angiyi ndawo" Mahlathini smiles. Just then, he spots Donovan's car pulling in. He excuses himself and leaves Celiwe and Connie talking about makeup.

He hasn't gotten a chance to talk to Donovan and really thank him for what he did. He'd be dead if it wasn't for him.

"We didn't start off great but I'm not a cruel person" Mahlathini nods

"I would also like to thank you for everything you've done for my sister and my nephew, uyindoda" Donovan smiles, they share a brotherly hug before Mahlathini walks away.

*
*
*

SMISO

He stumbles out of the club just after midnight. The cold night breeze hits his face and he takes in a deep breath and laughs lightly. This night was one of the best he's had. He squints his eyes searching for his car in the parking lot, when he sees it, he begins walking there. He's not too drunk to drive. He always makes it to his place no matter what.

He hops into igusheshe and starts the engine, it roars "Islwane madoda!"he says smiling in satisfaction.

Nkalakatha by Mandoza starts playing, he sings along "Nkalakatha…Ak’na niks buddy, ngith’ uz’bheke ...Ak’na niks jo, ngith’ uz’jonge..." he sings driving into the the main road "Angitshele yini inkinga yakhe ...sbonisane nje ngama-buddy!" she spots some hot girls wondering by the side of the road, they are definitely selling. He brings the car into a halt stop and rolls down the window "Come to Daddy!" he calls one of them who strolls to the car. She opens the door and hops in. They kiss before he even says 'hi'  "aw sukanini madoda, ey ngiyokumosha wena tonight!"

This is the life he always dreamt of. The good life. This is the first time he actually feels like he's living. He's was just surviving KwaDukuza but here, it's another world.

The girl unbuckles his belt and pulls his cöck out with one hand "oooh..." he's impressed "...what's your name mamas?"

"Mbali" she says before going down on him. His other hand is on the steering wheel trying to focus on the road "Aahhh" he moans in pleasure.

They arrive at the flat and quickly make it up to his room, he unlocks the door and in they go. The bedroom is too far so he takes her right on the couch "Ahhh" he moans as he humps into her.

Just then someone appears from the kitchen. His drunk brain takes a minute to register, when it does he jumps for his gun, fuck! it's not where he left it. How did he get in here? He's supposed to be dead? They shot him.

"Bafo" Mahlathini says and sits down on the other couch. Smiso is still half naked with his dîck erect. He swallows hard, his eyes are bulging out of his eyes socket, sekudamuke notshwala, he's very much sober right now.

As for the girl she's not going anywhere without her money, so she sits down and watches what is about to unfold here.

"What do you want?" Mahlathini laughs and stands up, that's when he notices the shiny knife in his had. His heart goes galloping. Izombulala lenja. He should have killed him back there.

He looks around for an escape, the door is his way out. So he runs for it but he doesn't get anywhere. Mahlathini grabs him and slams him against the wall. He's very strong, that he knows, even when they were still boys he always defeated him.

"Uyaphi?" he asks choking him against the wall, he feels his soul leaving his body. When he lets him go, he falls down on the floor coughing.

Mahlathini squats down "I won't kill you, relax" he says and gets up "Doctor!!" he calls and a few seconds later a dark man emerges into the room "This is Dr Oni, he will make sure you don't die" Smiso looks at the man.

"What are you going to do to me?"

"I'm going to take that one thing that makes you think you're a man. I almost died and left my kids. Connie went through so much emotional pain that she lost my child, do you know how that makes me feel?"

"Ngiyaxol-" he punches him in the face before he can finish the sentence.

"Uxolisa ini ungenza islima" he takes the knife, in one second Smiso's erect dîck lands on the floor. The girl on the couch screams and runs out.

"Ahhhhhhhyyooooh!!!!" Smiso cries looking at his diçk that is no longer in his body. The doctor quickly rushes to him to make sure he doesn't bleed. Mahlathini clicks his tongue and walks out.