4.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 4

MAHLATHINI

He makes it to the church in time and explains everything that happened. Omama bomthandazo offer to pray for him to cast away whatever the demon was trying to achieve. He's really thankful no one got hurt. Yes, it will cost him to fix the taxi but a life is more precious.

He organises another taxi for the church ladies, it's the least he could do. When he gets to the Shisanyama it's already dark. The place is always buzzing at this time of the day. Month ends is when the money really pours in. He can make a good R10 000 a night.

With that money he's able to take care of all his needs, feed uGogo and his daughter and also keep the business going. They are all he has.

His father was killed in the taxi violence wars in the early 2000s. He was only 9 years old then. The subject of his mother is never touched, from what gogo told him, she didn't want him and that was enough for him to stop asking questions.

"Haw Iphi imoto?" Gogo asks when he walks into the kitchen. He's a little sad to find his daughter already asleep.

"I got into an accident Nomeva" he says sitting down "But it's nothing serious no one was hurt"

"See, I've been telling you to go consult kuSkebhe. Things like this are not just accidents, you have to protect yourself, and your business. Not everyone is wishing you well"

He sighs, he doesn't believe in ubuthakathi and umuthi but he has to do it for the sake of putting uGogo at ease. She has always been over protective of him.

He's awake early the next morning, he has to prepare Thandolwami for school but first he calls Vusi to bring the taxi, he doesn't have any other mode of transport besides his taxis. The van he had was sold to deposit the first taxi.

"How much do you want for lunch today?" he ask Thando who's already hopping up and down ready to get out of the house. She's still in creche and loves school with her whole heart.

"100"

"100? uzoyidla nobani lemali engaka?"

•••TBC