55.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 55

NOLIFA

It feels like déjà vu. She's in that room again. It's dark even though there's a candle lit on the floor.

She's laying on a sponge sobbing after what he did to her. He went out to eat but she knows he's coming back for round two.

She tries to get up and drink the water to down the lump in her throat. She feels like screaming but she has done that a lot of times before and no one comes to rescue her. She will die in here and her remains will never be found. Her mother will never care to look for her because she's been warning her about Tshepo.

The door opens making that scretching sound deafening her ears. She starts crying before he can even touch her "Nana, thula... I just want to play, you said you love me akere? This is what lovers do" He says squatting down on the sponge unbutling his belt "I can't get enough of you. You're intoxicating" he says kissing her neck. Shivers cover her skin as his hand make its way in between her legs. She cries.

"Nolifa"

"Baby"

Her eyes shoot open. She scans the room panting. When she sees Smiso next to her she quickly grabs him "It's okay" he says rubbing her back "it was just a nightmare" he says. Tears fill her eyes. She can only wish it was just a nightmare. She remembers each and everyday of the months she spent in that room being violated over and over again by the man she thought loved her. She was only 18, her life was never the same after that. She distance herself from everyone and everything. She lived in a shell and hoped for the pain to go away. She couldn't look at a man the same way no matter how much she tried. She pledged she was never going to fall in the trap of love again.

Smiso came in different. He was wrapped with a different package from the one she's used to. She's used to man who view woman as sex objects. He didn't even for once showed sexual interest in her. They would chill together just talking and getting to know each other. She connected with him in a deep level. She fell in love. Even after knowing about his condition, she never cared.

"Feeling better?" he asks looking at her. She smiles faintly and nods, he kisses her and cuddles her.

They lie there in silence. She wants to talk about it but she doesn't know where to start. She's scared he will not look at her the same way. She doesn't want him to start feeling sorry for her and treating her differently. She's not her past, she tries to move on from it each and everyday.

"I went to the men's clinic" he says breaking the silence.

"You did?" she asks looking at him.

"Yes, I want to make you happy. I know you said sex is not what makes you happy but I want to be able to please you" Nolifa smiles.

"You did all of that for me?" he nods.

"I've fallen in love with you Nolifa. I've never felt this way about any woman before. After what happened I thought I was never going to  be in a relationship again but you came along and changed all of that"

"I love you too" she says and kisses him.

*
*
*

CELIWE

"What upsets me the most is that he gave me hope. I believed he was done being his parents puppet. He didn't even think twice or talk to me about it. Now he's expecting me to drop my life here and go to England. How am I going to survive in a country where they speek shakespeare English, a country where I know no one" she wipes her tears and drink the wine. Connie and Nokwanda are looking at her with sad faces.