3.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 3

CONNIE

"Are you okay?" He asks for the 19th time since we got in the car. I'm nowhere near okay. That was traumatising, I'm still shaking. I've never had a near death experience and that was definitely it "You need a doctor?"

"No I'm okay ...I'll be okay" he continues looking at me as if he doesn't believe me.
I'm sure he thinks I'm mentally disturbed or something. I mean who in their right minds runs to another car in broad daylight?

I should have listened to my inner angel when she told me to stay indoors. None of this would have happened.

"My name is Mahlathini" he says. I can't pronounce the name. My Zulu vocabulary ends with the greetings, after that, I'm mute.

"I'm Connie" he nods and fixes his eyes on the road. I sink deeper into my seat starring outside the window. This day has only gotten  worse. From my brother getting admitted to the hospital for the 5th time this month, the only thing I wanted was to take a drive and clear my head.

"Thank you. Again, I'm sorry for your taxi. I'll pay every cent" I say when he finally parks the car in front of the hospital.

"You're lucky you bumped into me, I'm the nicest taxi driver lana, you have to be careful" I have no doubt in his statement, I've seen how brutal they can be.

He steps out of the car and begins walking away with no Goodbye. Wait, I didn't even take his number.

•••TBC