7.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 7

MAHLATHINI

"I can give you free classes, by the end of the month you will be perfect" he says leading her to the table. He can't allow her to abuse isiZulu like that. It felt like a personal attack to his roots and he's a very proud Zulu man "Faka inyama lapho Mthimbana!" He shouts to one of his workers. He's not sure if she will eat it but from what he has seen on TV Abelungu eat all sort of things.

They settle down on the table. She still looks uncomfortable "Don't mind them, they are surprised to see uMlungu at a place like this" she nods.
He also can't believe he's sitting at a table with a white woman, a beautiful white woman with blonde long hair and green eyes. If she appeared in his drams he would mistake her for an angel, that's how beutiful she is.

He quits starring and throws his eyes on the young boys who are still all over the Porsche praising it. He smiles slightly shaking his head.

"Is it a rule for Zulu men to be loud when they eat meat?" she asks, the serious look on her face is what makes her question funny.

"It's in our DNA, it's who we are"

"It's amazing, it's also how you treat each other like you're from the same woman. I saw the way you talked to those man, it was as if they are all your fathers" he smiles.

"They treat me like a son. My father was their friend. Even though he's gone, I never feel that space because I have them whenever I need advice or when I'm facing a problem"

"I'm sorry about your father" he nods with a faint smile.

Mthimbana finally brings the meat "I hope you eat this or you want a crab"
She's laughing. He can't help but stare as she rocks back her head, the sound of her laughter echoes in his ears shutting all the other sounds around them. It's as if he's been shifted to another dimension, here everything is  perfect.

"I eat meat, come on" she says bringing him out of his trance.

"Perfect. I wasn't going to let 
you leave on an empty stomach"

•••TBC