17.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 17

[NARRATIVE]

He keeps punching him, he's fueled by rage. How dare he lay his hand on his woman, his angel.

"Bhoza" Vusi says from behind him, If they don't stop him he will kill Donovan. He's already unconscious, he has pissed and peed on himself. The whole room is smelling of his feaces. He has cried and begged for mercy but Mahlathini doesn't have mercy, not when it comes to Connie. He will kill for her.

"Bafo" Smiso grabs his arm pulling him away from Donovan. He fights to go back, but Smiso succeeds in pushing him out of the cold room "He's not worth it Jama"

"Ngiyeke ngibulale lenja" Smiso is blocking the door now. He won't let his brother have blood on his hands, he won't let him go to jail for this.

"Go home" he stares at him "Please"

Mahlathini kicks the chair before turning away to leave. Smiso sighs in relief. He has never seen him this angry. They've been friends since they were boys. He was the soft hearted one, he would never even harm a fly.

He opens the door and walks back inside. Vusi is dead with laughter, Donovan has woken up is crying for his mother and to be taken to the hospital. He doesn't want to die.

"If you ever come close to Connie again, you will die shlama" Smiso spits and they both walk out. Celiwe is called to come clean the cold room.

She's surprised when she walks in and finds umlungu "Yoh ay ngeke!" She can't stand the smell of feaces. She goes to get her mask.

*
*
*

CONNIE

He's not talking to me. He just walked in and took a shower. I made him breakfast but he didn't eat it. Right now he's out in the balcony smoking.

I heave a sigh and lift my butt from the chair and walk to him. I stand next to him. He gives me one look and stares into the distance "I'm sorry" I say and he looks at me again, for longer this time.

"Why would you hide something like this from me?" I remain silent. I don't have the right answer to his question, the one I have won't sound right in his ears.

The only reason I didn't tell him is because I was protecting Donovan. As much as I hate him right now I don't want him to die, especially not on my name.

"I'm sorry" I say wrapping my arms around his waist and looking up at him "Please forgive me Ngamela" he chuckles.

"Where did you hear that?"

"I Googled your clan names, and I read somewhere that Zulu Men love it when you call them by their clan names" he's laughing. I really can't survive with him mad at me. I want us to be happy, all the time.

"Ngiyakuxolela" he says softly and pecks my lips.

"What does that mean?"

"It means 'I forgive you'" he says lifting me up bridal style. We walk to the bed where he lays me down "I will make love to you now"

"Please" I say with a wide smile and laughs.

*
*
*

CELIWE

"Ushayiwe shame mlumgu wabantu" Celiwe says helping Donovan up. She has succeeded in cleaning him, she washed his clothes too. Vusi sent her to go get him painkillers eSpazza.

She didn't ask any questions, she's doing everything she's asked. These people saved her from sleeping namakula. The pay is more than what she expected.

"Stay away from Zulus" she says helping Donovan into the chair who is covered in ihiya. He winces to the pain "Eat your food" she hands him the tray with Pap, Beef and Gravy. Donovan shakes his head.

"Usutheni? you want to die?"

"Take me to the doctor, please"

"Doctors are busy" she says dragging a beer crate and sitting in front of him "I'm going to feed you ngoba uyazitshela" she says and starts feeding him. He resist and ends up eating.

The door opens and Vusi walks in. He takes Donovan's phone and car keys before walking out with no word.

"Please help me out of here, I will pay you, I have a lot of money" he says to Celiwe who just snorts.

"You want me to be mince meat like you" the last thing she will do is double cross Mahlathini. He was like a beast this morning, ready to kill anything on his way. But other than that, she will never double cross the only person who helped her. She will forever be grateful for his kind heart. And she prays God blesses him.

"I need a toilet" Dovan says after she's done feeding him. She stands up and grabs a bucket.

"This is your toilet"

•••TBC