41.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 41

[NARRATIVE]

He sits down on the couch putting a fat wallet and car keys on top of the small glass table. He looks good. Handsome is an understatement. He drove her crazy when they were still dating. She used to jump windows and fances for him. Her mistake was allowing her friends to convince her that there was something out there better than a taxi driver with nothing but a matric certificate. Yes there was but she never got it, not even a taste.

"What do you want?" he asks her, she's about to open her mouth when the maid returns. She picks the mop and continues wiping the floor. She can't talk about such a private matter with her around. She just told her she's a doctor, it won't align with what she's about to ask from Mahlathini.

"Can she go clean somewhere else?" Mahlathini frowns.

"Excuse me?"

"I want to talk to you and I don't want her listening to our business" Mahlathini chuckles.

"Love... leave the cleaning, I'll finish it. Come sit. It looks like Nobuhle has something serious to tell us" he says.

Nobuhle is confused.

She watches the maid as she walks to sit next to Mahlathini.

It's gets worse.

Mahlathini gently lifts up her feet and rests them on his thigh. He starts massaging them  "Talk" he says. Nobuhle is staring. She has lost her speech. The only thing she's feeling right now is the knife poking her heart followed by a wave of embarrassment. She feels the urge to stand up and leave but where will she sleep? What will her kids eat?

"I need a place to stay" she mumbles.

"You need what?"

She clears her throat and speaks again "I'm here to ask for a place to stay" she says looking at Mahlathini ignoring the pair of green eyes starring at her.

"After insulting me? You-"

"Sorry" she cuts him off before he embarrasses her even more "I just need a place to stay for a while until I get back on my feet" she's really not enjoying what she's doing but it has to be done.

Mahlathini chuckles "Are you serious? So you are basically here to ask me to feed you and your kids after what you did? You see a fool?"

"Trust me I don't want to be here. So please, don't act big-"

"Noup" Connie raises her hand "You're not going to talk to my man like that, I'm sorry. If you're not here to politely ask for help that I can see you desperately need, please leave"
Nobuhle remains quiet. She really has to swallow her humongous pride and attitude or sleep on an empty stomach again. She will pretend if she has to.

"I'm sorry. I need a place to stay, I have nowhere else to go" she says keeping her head low.

*
*
*

"She cannot stay here" Mahlathini says sitting on the bed. They left Nobuhle in the living so they can have a private conversation.

"I just feel sorry for the kids. What are they even eating? she looks roughed up how more the kids?"

"She studied Madicine, she'll get a job soon" Mahlathini says sarcastically and stands up taking off his t-shirt. He's feeling hot. The retual has after effets and this is one of them.

"I can't believe she expected me to believe that" Connie says with a snort.

"Life doesn't dance to anyone's tune. Things didn't go as she planned she needs to accept and humble herself instead of lying her way out of reality" Mahlathini says stripping off the rest of his clothes so he can take a bath. Connie is drooling "You want some?" Her says causing her to blush, she turns red like a tomato. There's no resisting Jackson, no matter how hard she tries.

"You know I do, but we can't, we have a guest" Mahlathini walks over to her and kisses her.

"I don't care. I want you" He says against her lips "I'll be quick"

"First, are we going to allow her to stay?"

"If she'll stand listening to us have sex all night, she can stay" He says lifting her up "Now I want my cùnt" Connie smiles and kisses him.

*
*
*

CELIWE

"Ngisemathandweni minah!!Ngisemathandweni minoooh!!!" Celiwe sings walking into the house with Nhloso following behind her. As soon as he sees Thando he sprints to her. Celiwe turns back and blows a kiss to Donovan one last time. He hits a hooter and Celiwe laughs and continues with her singing.

Mahlathini asked her to come sleepover since him and Connie have plans for the night. She enjoys being here, it's one place that feels like home. She throws the bag on the couch and walk to the kitchen only to find people she doesn't know "Sanibona..." she greets looking at the two kids and the mother who is cooking. Mahlathini didn't say anything about this.

"Yebo unjani?" the mother greets back and sits down. The kids are busy opening and closing the fridge as if it's something they've never seen.

"Ngiyaphila...who are you, sorry to ask"

"Nobuhle" she says busy typing on her phone and grinding a chappies. Celiwe wants to ask more questions but her brother calls her before she can.

She leaves them and walks out.

Connie is wearing a red lace dress that looks like it was made for her. Mahlathini is in a tux. They look so cute together she has her jaw on the floor as she stares at them "Ngeke, I'm taking a picture" she quickly grabs her new iPhone which Donovan bought for her a few days ago and starts taking pictures. Mahlathini is not up for it but he pauses anyways "These are going to my Facebook" she says in excitement "So where are you guys going?"

"It's a suprise" Mahlathini says kissing Connie on the cheek.

"Wuuuuuuuh!" Celiwe exclams in excitement. Connie's is blushing. She asks about the guest in the kitchen and their smiles disappear immediately.

"She's Thando's mother. I had to let her stay, she has no where else to go" Connie's says and Celiwe can't believe what she's hearing.
She knows Connie is nice but this is a huge red flag. Nobuhle is Mahlathini's ex! No woman can be happy to see her ex move on happily with another woman, how can Connie allow this? She abandoned her own child. She's capable of anything.

After they leave. Celiwe makes her way back to the kitchen. She's not going to allow her to mess her brothers happiness. Ngeke nje. She left him for better men, what is she doing here now?

"I hear you have no place to stay" Celiwe says sitting down. Her and Donovan bought a house. Her RDP is left unoccupied. Nobuhle and her kids can go stay there until they figure things out because staying here is a big No.

"We're okay here" she says when celiwe proposes the idea.

"How are you okay living with your ex and a child you abandoned" Nobuhle raises her face to look at her in irritation.

"Yini? you're the baby mama? ungangisanganeli mina"

"Lalela ke, ngizokunyisa mina. This is my father's house. I don't even know where you get the guts to come here after what you did. If you're planning to mess my brother's relationship, I will show you heaven and hell. Nx!"