60.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 60

[NARRATIVE]

Smiso finally arrives kwaJama. He passed by the Liquor and bought a bottle of whiskey for strength. The gate is locked so he parks the car outside and jumps over the gate. The Porsche and the Jaguar are parked in the yard it's clear Mahlathini is here which is great. There's nothing more he wants than putting a bullet in his head. He wants to watch him take his last breath. After he's done with him, he will kill the rest of his offsprings and Connie. He won't separate him from the love of his life they will continue their love on the other side of the grave.

Mahlathini is in the living room sitting with his family. They are watching cartoons because the Princess said so. She even hid the remote. Mnqobi is on his father's chest as usual. It's hot they are both shirtless. The door flies open disturbing their laughter and conversation.

Smiso steps in.

"Yey! don't even think about it Bafo" he says when Mahlathini attempts standing up "Kumnandi la, niya enjoya" he says laughing. While playing with the gun in his hand which he's going to use it if anyone tries something. It's unfortunate that the little kids will die for their fathers sins.

"Wha-"

"Shut up!!" he yells pointing the gun at Mahlathini "I will do the talking, you will open your mouth when I tell you to or ngizokuhlakaza ubuchopho" Mahlathini remains silent. He's burning. His eyes have turned red. If he gets his hands on Smiso he's going to tear him into peaces. He should be thankful for the gun he's holding.

"Connie, give me a dash" he says settling down on the couch. Mahlathini holds her hand stopping her.

"Bafo, don't be stupid, you don't want to lose your Cinderella now, do you?" he lets go of Connie's hand. She walks to the kitchen and comes back with a dash and a glass. She's shaking as she hands it to Smiso.

"Thank you" he spanks her, Mahlathini clenches his jaws. Smiso pours the whiskey into a glass and dashes it.

"This is all your fault. You humiliated and turned me into a laughing stock. I just lost the woman I love because of you.." he gulps the whole glass down and wipes the tears in his eyes.

Outside Hloma parks his car next to the white Audi. He steps out. The car looks exactly like the one being announced in the news. He checks the registration, indeed it's a GP. Why is it here? The doors are open and the engine is still running.

The security company vehicle that has been following behind him parks next to his Van. They are here for the meeting with their new boss.

"I think something is wrong here Madoda" Hloma says looking at the five men "A women was killed at Smangaliso guest house not a while ago. Everything is in the news and the police announced a white Audi on the run-"

The securities don't wait for him to finish. They jump over the gate. They are not the type that wastes time. They will ask questions later. Mahlathini has already paid them thousands, they are already on the job and it is to protect him and everything in this yard.

"You know Bafo, I looked up to you. You were my role model. But more than anything you were my brother. I didn't know one day you will change on me. I asked help from you and you dismissed me like I was nothing to you" Smiso speaks with the gun pointed at Mahlathini. Thando and Mnqobi are crying. Connie can't do anything because she was told if she moves, she will die. She's standing next Mahlathini praying Smiso doesn't do anything.

"I was never going to give you the million even if I had it. You think life easy, I worked my arse off for everything I own. It was never handed to me. Look at what greed and jealousy has turned you into-"

"Shut up!!" he hits him with the gun on the head. Mahlathini kneels down. He grabs him by the throat and starts hitting him with the gun on the face continuously. Connie is crying for him to stop.

Dr Nkosi arrives kwaJama before the police. He steps out of the car breathing fire. Tears are running down his face. He just lost the love of his life. He wants no man on his way. He will kill this Smiso with his bare hands.

The securities try to hold him but they fail. He grabs the gun from one of them and fires it in the air. They step back.

As soon as Smiso hears the gunshot outside he shifts the gun pointed at Mahlathini to the door. Mahlathini grabs Connie and the kids and runs with them to the next room taking a bullet while at it. He checks if all of them are okay before returning back to the war but Connie grabs him.

"Don't, please!" she cries holding on to him, his leg is bleeding everywhere on the floor. His face is bloody.

He walks out regardless of Connies resistance. He let Smiso go once but he will not make that mistake again, hes going to kill him even if it's the last thing he does.

The are police sirens outside and a helicopter flying over the homestead. The neighbours are out watching the movie. The police have surrounded the house and are calling Smiso out.

Dr Nkosi is standing over Smiso's now lifeless body serving him a rain of bullets. Once he's sure he's dead he places the gun on his head. Mahlathini quickly grabs him and throws the gun away.

"There's nothing else I'm living for, let me die, please!" he tries to break out of Mahlathini's hold but fails. He falls down on the floor and cries. His heart feels like it will rip out of his chest. He has never felt so much pain in his life entire life.

The police and securities flood the house. Soon, the whole rank arrives together with the Media. Smiso was announced dead on the scene but the police still handcuffed him. The whole story is on the News by the end of the day.

Mahlathini is at the hospital whith his whole family. His mother, brothers, sisters and Hloma. The bullet was removed from his leg and his face was stitched. He will be left with scars but they will fade as time moves on. He will be walking on crutches for a few weeks but one thing everyone is grateful for is that no one lost a life in the family. They are still together. It's been a shitty year.

Connie is sitting on the chair next to him holding his hand. She almost lost him today. The thought makes her stomach turn.

"Don't cry. Love" Jackson says wiping her tears with his thumb. She's traumatised. Everyone is. It's as if someone will wake them up and tell them it was all just a terrible nightmare.

"Why didn't you tell me you did that to him?" She asks once she has stopped crying.

"I knew you would get mad at me. I had to make him pay for what he did. I lost my child and almost died because of him. I blame myself for what happened today. If I killed him that day Nolifa would still be alive. The innocent girl died because of me and I will live with that regret for the rest of my life"

The police walk in, they are not bringing good news. Dr Nkosi succeed in ending his life. It's a dark day for everyone.

When Mahlathini gets released 3 days later he goes to his father's grave before going into the house. He did the ceremonies as they asked, what more do they want?

"You should be protecting this family but you haven't been doing that. Gijegije, how am I supposed to grow your surname when you fail to protect your home? You're supposed to be an angel over this yard, you're supposed to watch over us and keep the enemies away. What more do you want from me? I'm growing tired now. The next thing I will do I will pack my bags take my wife and kids and leave all of you. I will let these walls crumble to the ground. I will forget about you and your existance. If anything bad happens in this yard again, I'm leaving. I don't owe you anything. Don't push me."