64.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 64

[NARRATIVE]

"Jackson, Connie..." the Bishop says adjusting his specs and looking at the young couple before him with a smile. Seeing young people choosing love and committing to one another makes him happy. Love is beautiful especially when you share it with someone who is equally invested. It blooms so beautifully.

"I am a man of God as you all know me but I want to disconnect myself from that and give you advise as a parent. I was around your age when I married my wife and I wish someone sat me down and told me what I am about to tell you. You have a long journey ahead of you. Marriage is not happily ever after, it's far from that. There will be challenges and temptations along the way, we are human, far from perfection, we are bound to stumble, fall and fail. But if your union is built on strong grounds of unconditional love, it will not fail not matter what life throws at you. I'm saying this without a doubt in my mind. True unconditional love is patient, it is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. This is what you should know and carry with you. I want to see you grow old together. Jackson, this is your wife. Don't ever go out seeking comfort in the hands of another woman. She should be the one you offload your pain to, the same applies to you Connie. Love and honour your husband. Give him his place. No matter how hard life gets, never make him feel like a failure. He should draw strength from you as his wife. Do you understand?" They both nod.

There's whispering in the crowd. The couples that are here are agreeing to the Bishop's sermon. In their experiences. All that he has said is true.

The rings are brought forward by Thando. Jackson takes Connie's hand and looks at her in the eyes. Words cannot explain how beautiful she is. She looks like an angel "I love you" he whispers and they both smile.

"Please repeat after me" the Bishop says moving forward with the rings. He places them on top of the Bible and position the Bible on top of their intertwined hands. They are not only getting married, they are accepting God into their lives to lead and guide them. It was the decision that they both made. From this day on forth, they will serve God. He has been grateful to them.

"In faith, honesty and love. I take you to be mine. I pledge to share with you God's plan for our lives together united in Christ. For better for worse. In sickness and in health. In joys and in sorrows. Until death do we apart. I promise you all of this and more with God's strength in Jesus name, Amen!"

"Amen!!!" the whole crowd says in unison. The Bishop blesses the rings. They put them on as the music plays in the background.

"With the power invested in by the Lord all might, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!" Jackson smiles and lifts the vail with pride. Whistles and ululations break out from the crowd as he graces her lips. He kisses her passionately. Those who have phones nearby are capturing the moment.

After the vows have been concluded, they move out of the church singing "Umakoti ungowethu" They get in the cars and taxis waiting for them outside. The couple will go take pictures at the Botanical Gardens while the messes drive to the wedding reception. That's where the main activity of the day will take place.

Celiwe as the maid of honour is moving up and down shouting for everyone to hurry. They have just an hour to do the shooting. Jackson is going to drive with his small family. He helps Connie get in the car. Her dress has the longest trail, everything is a struggle but they finally succeed. She settles at the back with Mnqobi and Thando while Jackson gets in the front with the security that will be driving them. The hoots are deafening as the cars leave the church.

Indeed they spend an hour at the Botanical Gardens as planned, when they arrive at the venue the party is already hot. The best men Donovan and the groomsmen Mhleli and Mnelisi line up at the entrance. Celiwe the maid of honour does the same with the bridesmaids Dakota and Tessa. Connie and Jackson are at the back.

The venue is overflowing. The media is scattered. Their Zulu wedding was all over social media by the  end of the day yesterday. Regardless of their Facebook page being deleted, fans are still hooked on their favourite couple. Most of them are here today to experience the beautiful union.

"Don't show off" Connie says to Jackson who chuckles.

"I got you" he says knowing too well he's about to do the opposite. He steals the moment. But Connie doesn't let the betrayal slide, she pays back on the waltz dance.

It's a British tradition for the newly weds to do the waltz. After the groom is done, he hands the bride to her father. This is called the 'Father daughter dance' he's bidding his farewell to his daughter. He will never dance with her like this again. It's an emotional moment for both of them.

The family and friends exchange the stage wishing the couple well and giving advises. It's nothing but jokes and laughter. Gebhu fell with table when he was trying to stand up, it's no suprise, he's been drinking since Friday.

Coshiwe didn't filter anything on her speech. She emphasized the part of sex more than the other points leaving everyone with mouths hanging. No one expected that from the old lady. Celiwe also had a mouthful to say but more than anything she is happy for her brother. She has no doubts that Connie is the one for him. She's had the pleasure to watch their Iove blossom in front of her, how they held each other through the rough days. She learnt a lot from them. As she and Donovan are about to embark on the same journey of marriage, she wishes they follow on Connie and Jackson's steps.

The beautiful day comes to an end. It was the longest weekend any of them has had. They are tired. They haven't slept in two full days.
As soon as they arrive at the hotel, they sleep. There's no honeymooning or sex. They sleep the whole night and morning. Even then, their bodies are still drained.

"God... I feel like I was chopped into small pieces and stitched back together" Connie whines opening her eyes, Jackson laughs and scoops her closer.

"Morning Beautiful" he kisses her.

"I know I look like an abomination" Jackson is laughing.

"I don't see that" he says stroking her cheek and looking at her with pure admiration.

"What do you see?"

"I see an angel" she smiles. He tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear and holds her face "Thank you for making me the happiest man in the universe"

"You did it first"

"Not really, you crashed into my taxi" she's laughing.

"Will I ever be forgiven?"

"No" he says and kisses her.

"I'm yours, now and forever"  she says against his lips.

"You have no choice, it's either that or I call the police" they both laugh.

***THE END***

Thank you for reading!!!🤗 Inkosi ikubusise🙏❤️