10.

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 10

CONNIE

"No, Jackson" I push him back. I can still taste him in my lips. He takes a step forward pulling me by the waist. I don't know how long I'll keep up this fight, I'm yearning for him but we can't do this "Not here" I say in a low tone.

"I can't wait Connie" he says his hand going down below my dress, he holds me tighter against him while kissing my neck, I'm soaking wet in my panties, I want him.

"Tri, Tri, Tri"

What the-

That's my alarm!

My God!

Did I just have a dream of Jackson and I about to have sex?

God Connie!

I breathe out a sigh and shut the alarm. I roll out of the bed making my way to the bathroom. I'm moist in my panties. How can my dreams betray me like this? How will I face him now after dreaming of him and I making out?

Arg!

I get in the shower turning on the warm water. After a few minutes I'm walking back to the bedroom wrapped in a towel refreshed and ready to start my day.

I have a text. It's him.

*Morning*

I close my eyes and fall down on the bed. It's just a plain morning text, there's nothing more to it, why am feeling this rediculous?

*Morning Jackson*

No. That sounds like an 80 year old woman.

*Hey*

No. This is plain.

*Sawubona*

Now that's fine. I quickly run to Google to check if my spelling is okay before sending the text.

He calls.

For a moment I stare at the phone. I don't know what's going on with me, I'm acting a little crazy for my liking.

"Connie" the raspy voice says as soon as I answer the phone. I melt. This man has some kind of effect on me. I don't know what it is but it's very strong. Is it a Zulu Men thing or what?

After that day at the Shisanyama I came home and kept thinking about him. I thought it would end after a day but it only got worse, the third day I found myself picking up the phone and calling him.

"How was your night?" he asks.

"It was okay"

"Just okay? what did you dream about?"

You.

"I didn't dream"

"Well. I can't wait to see you"

Lord of the flies.

*
*
*

[NARRATIVE]

Being back in south Africa feels like a breath of fresh air. He's been away for just 4 years but it feels like 40. He smiles dragging his bags walking towards the exit of the airport.

He planned to come last hear but it didn't happen. He can't wait to see his family and friends but most importantly, her.

They lost contact soon after he left for England, he can only hope she hasn't forgotten about him. She's the main reason why he's back in the country. He wants to keep the promise he made to her.

He tried moving on but all the relationships he's been in never got anywhere. Connie was his first love and he always looks for her in every woman he meets. She holds a huge piece of his heart and he's finally going to see her. They will get married, move to England and live the life they always talked about when they were young.

*
*
*

MAHLATHINI

He's still starring at the phone as if it will talk back to him. He smiles and shakes his head before getting up from the bed. He has to prepare Thandolwami for school as usual.

He washes his face before walking out. She's still asleep, she looks tired even in her sleep. He picks her up from the bed and just like that she's awake and asking what's happening until she realises it's her Dad. She yawns, this is how he wakes her up every morning.

He baths her. Gogo already ironed her clothes the previous night. After moisturizing he dresses her while he tells him about school and all the friends she has, which is all the kids at school.

Thandolwami doesn't know her mother care, it has always been Mahlathini.

When he met her mother it was love at first sight. They were young but crazy in love with each other. He never thought there was anything that was ever going bring them apart, especially not Thandolwami.

As soon as she fell pregnant things went south. She didn't want the pregnancy or him anymore. She was never going to allow an unplanned pregnancy to destroy her dreams. He had to beg her to not abort but as soon as Thando was born, she left chasing her dreams. It's been 4 years, no call, nothing.

"Where's the 100 I gave you the other day?"

"I gave Nhloso"

What?

"Whose that?"

"My friend. He doesn't have shoes and his Mom said she needs 100 to buy the shoes and ...she doesn't have the 100 ...but you Dad have a lot of 100s"

He sighs. He's lost of words.

"Ok. let's go to school"

He drops Thando at school and gets to meet Nhloso. Indeed the boy is wearing new shoes. He asks for his mothers number before leaving them.

He drives back home. He gave Vusi a day off today, he needs the taxi to go to town and buy flowers for the angel.

•••TBC