Repentance is SO important

Published March 14th, 2024. 

In Zechariah One, the people of Israel are finally leaving their captivity in Babylon and traveling back to their own land. The Lord tells Zechariah, one of the refugees, that he was angry with the ancestors of Israel because they had turned away from Him (this led to their captivity in the first place). The Israelites had a past of turning away from God multiple times, however, God tells Zechariah "Turn away from your evil deeds." (Zech. 1:4) 

The Lord proclaims to the people that He will reclaim them as His own, taking them out of their exile and into their own land again. (Zech 1:3) But before the grace and the joy overflows into their-and our own hearts, God invites us into repentance and to return to Him so that we can return into his loving arms! 

The invitation is to take God seriously, to live in Him and for Him. When we repent and return, we will be able to experience His blessing and His joy even in the midst of hardships and challenges. In the Bible, repentance is defined as a change of mind, heart, and action that involves turning away from sin and self and turning towards God. Repentance is a compassionate humbling to the Lord, knowing that your ways are wrong, and His ways are right. When we repent, the Lord wants it to genuine and remorseful, so that we may grow and build our lives on Him, turning from our old ways and into His everlasting ways. 

All in all, Repentance leads to a relationship with God! 

Repentance allows us to humble ourselves before the Lord so that He can dwell in us, lead us, and change in us, making us more like Him each and every day! 

I hope this was encouraging, and if you any questions or input, I would love to hear them! Prayer requests and recommandations for topics are always welcoming :) 

-its_lexieyvonne