Jireh and Nehemiah Five

Published April 8th, 2024. 

Jireh, a song by Elevation Worship, talks about how in every circumstance and season, God will always be enough. Iconically, I was listening to this song as I was reading Nehemiah Chapter Five, which talks about how the Jews were rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem, while the rulers were mocking, ridiculing, and mistreating them. 

However, Nehemiah continued to encourage the Jewish people while they were undergoing this treatment. He prayed over them constantly, which led to the praise of the people through much of the process. It says earlier in Nehemiah 4:14, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the great and awe-inspiring Lord and fight for your countrymen, your sons and daughters, your wives and homes. 

Even though they were going through hard times, they continued to lean on the Lord (a lot by the encouragement of Nehemiah). We all will go through hard circumstances, but we always have the Lord by our side. 

AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE ENOUGH!

Even when what you have isn't enough, when your circumstance isn't enough, and even when you aren't enough. Jireh still is! 

He is more than enough :) 

You are Jireh, You are enough. Jireh, You are enough. And I will be content in every circumstance

-its_lexieyvonne