2 Corithians 12:9

Published April 18th, 2024. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 tells us, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me."  

The context of this verse is that Paul was writing his letters to the church in Corinth, which was struggling with unrepentance from a specific portion of Corinth, and the leader of the church was asking for guidance and support. 

In our own strength, as Paul tells us, we cannot reach the level of holiness that is destined for us in Jesus Christ. But that is where God comes in. By sending his Son, we are redeemed. And even in our weakness, even in our messes, in our sins and our mistakes, His strength is made perfect! 

We have to make the connection to pursue holiness; this holiness isn't just in our spiritual life though; we must lean into this in every place of our lives. 

Now remember, it is 100% okay to feel desperation and longing in this life, because our true satisfaction doesn't come from the world or from material things. It comes from Jesus Christ. NOTHING ELSE. But that's what makes it even more special and intimate. 

His grace is always sufficient, in every area of our weakness. 

I know there lots of different ways to interpret this verse, but I love this idea. If you have a different perspective, comment below! I would love to hear it! God Bless and always remember that Jesus Loves You SO Much! 

May you always seek his grace, in both your weakness and in your strength. 

-its_lexieyvonne