Ezekiel 33:11

Published April 16th, 2024. 

Ezekeil 33:11 gives us a beautiful view of the true nature of God's character. 

It says, "Say to them, 'As surely, I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the deaths of the wicked, but rather that they would turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn away from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?" 

I'm sorry, but I absolutely love this verse! 

We're always talking about how our God is a loving, kind, gracious, and merciful God- but we also view God as a righteous judge and avenger, who 100% has a wrath. (And rightfully so) 

But wouldn't make sense that the Creator of the earth, the heavens, the entire universe, not want to punish his creation? The people of the world who He sent his one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for? The people whom He loves and adorns more anything else in creation. The people He made in His image. 

God doesn't want to punish His people. He wants us to come to Him. And isn't that so beautiful? He loves us so much that He'd changed the tides and sent Jesus, humbling himself as a man, then to die on the cross for our sins, then RISE from the dead. 

If this isn't love, I don't know what truly is. 

-its_lexieyvonne