Why We Shouldn't Fear Prophecy

Published May 10th, 2024. 

In the world that we live in, it can be hard to feel peaceful in the midst of chaos. But something important to remember is that we don't have to live in fear when it comes to prophecy. So much of our lives consist of instant gratification and getting the answers to all of our questions with a click of a button. However, when it comes to prophecy, it can feel like we don't fully understand, making us fearful or doubtful in the word of God and His promises. 

One thing that is so important for us to focus on in times of doubt or fear is that all what of God says is 100% true! When we hear prophecy- whether it's in the Bible, in our churches, on social media, or even in the streets- let us remember what the Lord tells Moses in Deuteronomy 18:22: "When a prophet speaks in the Lord's name, and the message does not come true or is not fulfilled, that is a message the Lord has not spoken." 

True prophecy will always correlate with God's character and God's word. And if you hear a prophecy, it is good to be aware, checking it and being sure that it follows in suit to what God says is true. 

Even if we don't have the answers to prophecy, we can rest assured knowing that whatever God has in store is going to come together for the good of his people. He will never fail, and He is not slow in keeping His promises, but is patient towards us. (2 Peter 3:9) He wants all of us to come into repentance, knowing Him and receiving his gift of salvation. 

Be aware, but never be afraid. No matter what, He is still good. 

"We ask you- not to be easily upset or trouble, either by a prophecy or a message of a letter, alleging that the day of the Lord has come." -2 Thessalonians 2:2 

-its_lexieyvonne