WORSHIP

Published March 20th, 2024. 

What is worship really about? 

1. It's not about you (A BIG MISCONCEPTION MANY OF US HAVE) 

One of the biggest revelations I have had in the past is that worship isn't about me (or us). It isn't about us getting a 'feeling' or having an encounter with God each time we listen or play a worship song or we're at church. It's doesn't matter if you like or know the song you're listening to, it doesn't matter if anyone else is watching you while you worship. 

You can be standing, hands out, on your knees, dancing, crying, singing, whatever your form of worship may be. But ITS NOT ABOUT YOU. It's about giving what you have to the Lord, no matter what circumstance you're in, or how you're feeling. 

All God cares about is that you are coming just as you are, humbling yourself before the King of heaven and earth, giving your full attention, full praise, and every that you are to Him. 

2. It's more about giving than gaining. 

Sometimes, you may feel this crazy wave of the Holy Spirit when you worship. You may see God standing before, you may feel chains being broken and curses being lifted. Other times, you might to feel anything at all, and even question why you're worshipping in the first place, or you may think you're doing it wrong. But you're not!

Worship is about giving to God whatever is on our hearts, minds, souls, bodies, spirit, everything we have to Him. It's why it's called praise. We're not worshipping to praise or glorify ourselves or others, but to praise and glorify God, who is above all things and who wants and deserves every ounce of our praise and adoration. 

He wants every piece of us: our good and our bad, our joy and our suffering, our mourning and our dancing. He wants every fear, every doubt, every anxiety, every mistake, every sin. He wants every passion, every dream, every goal, everything we are. HE WANTS ALL OF US! 

So, we when we worship Him, let us be a people who give everything to Him, not worrying about our worthiness (cause in the end, we're not even close to being worthy yet he still wants us and makes us worthy), or what anyone else thinks of us, and give Him everything. 

Because my friends, that's the best kind of worship. 

3. It's more than a feeling. 

Worship is more than just a feeling. It's about having a connection with the God of the universe. It's about having a connection with the Lord Jesus who loves us so deeply and who wants us to be with Him every single day of our lives and for all eternity. 

We don't have to 'feel' it to worship God. We just have to be present, no matter what condition we're in. All God wants is for us to be with Him and be present. 

-its_lexieyvonne