SPIRITUAL POWER

Published April 15th, 2024. 

Studied April 10th, 2024. 

There is a HUGE shift in the beginning of Acts. We get to see an evolving sense of spiritual power within the apostles from Acts One to Acts Three. 

Acts One: We see the apostles amazed by the accession of Jesus, but also lost by what they are supposed do while they wait for Jesus to return to earth. 

Acts Two: We see the Holy Spirit fill up inside these men, and they discover the true power of God inside them. In this moment, they are baptized in the Holy Spirit. 

Acts Three: We get to witness Simoen Peter and John (son of Zebedee) use the spiritual power given to them by God in action. Peter sees a man who is lame sitting outside the temple of prayer, and instead of giving him money, Peter gives him what Jesus gave him! 

We have to believe that we actually have the Holy Spirit inside of us in order to use it and to give it to others! 

First, we need to be amazed by God and his wonder (as the apostles were by the accession of Jesus). Second, we need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit (which means that we need to allow ourselves to be filled by the Holy Spirit and recognize that He is indeed inside of us). And finally, we need to release this power that is blessed onto us into the world! 

Just like Jesus did. 

-its_lexieyvonne