Knowing God's Voice VS. My Voice

Published March 20th, 2024. 

How do we know the voice of God over our own? Or over the enemy's? 

1 Corinthians 14:2 says, "The Lord does not speak two sided." 

God only speaks in one fashion: through the Holy Spirit. When we hear the voice of God, we feel He presence in us, and it is not a feeling of doubt or fear, but of truth and peacefulness.

Acts 16:31 says, "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your family." 

When we walk in faith and follow God, we are able to know that it is God speaking rather than ourselves because it always correlated with the word and what he says. It is said in 2 Timothy 3:16 that all Scripture is God breathed, and that it can be used by every servant of God for good works. So, when we hear the voice of God, it always follows what the Bible says. 

The Bible talks about how God speaks ALL THE TIME. The way God speaks does not change, so when it is His voice, it always full of truth, compassion, love, and kindness. 

Psalms 97:6 says, "The heavens proclaim his righteousness; all the people see his glory." 

God's word is always righteous, and never leads us down wrongful or sinful paths. Lots of the time in scripture, we see God speaks in and through his people. His soft voice never pulls us away from truth, causes doubt or questioning, and never allows us to be led astray. 

I pray that you will be able to find discernment in knowing God's voice over the voices of this world :) Always remember that Jesus loves you and that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. 

If you have any study requests, recommendations, questions, or input, feel free of comment! 

-its_lexieyvonne