Overthinking

Published May 10th, 2024

Thoughts can take you captive: 

-"I like stability." 

-"I don't like getting caught off guard." 

-"I like feeling known." 

-"I don't like feeling thrown away." 

-"I don't want my normal to be snatched away." 

Overthinking sucks. It causes you to lose track of time, makes you overanalyze situations, causes unneeded stress and anxiety. But let me be clear on one thing. OVERTHINKING IS NOT A SIN! The only time that overthinking can become sinful is when you make an idol out of it- meaning that you're allowing it to take your focus and/or attention from God. 

However, like with everything, there is a way to battle it! 

The Lord gives us plenty of resources that allows us to find peace in the midst of our thoughts, feelings, and emotions. Whether its prayer, worship, community, there are some many ways to find strength and refuge in the midst of overwhelming thoughts. 

For those times of overthinking, here are some verses to help :) 

-John 12:46 

-Philippians 4:6-8 

-Psalms 46:10 

-Psalms 71:1 

-Isaiah 26:3 

-Lamentations 3:25 

-Matthew 5 through 7 

-1 Peter 5:6-7 

--Psalms 55:2 

-Lamentations 3:55-58 

-Psalms 18:16-19 

These are just a few examples of some verses, but you can find some of your own. 

Never forget that Jesus loves you so very much, and He sees the hardships and circumstances you are in. You are truly never alone. 

-its_lexieyvonne