The Bible is SO Much More...

Published April 26th, 2024. 

Sometimes, it can feel like the Bible is repetitive. It can feel like just a rulebook that goes on and on about things that we may feel don't apply to us. It can the things that the Old Testament talks about (especially Exodus through Deuteronomy) can make us bored, confused, and question some of the themes that Jesus even talks about later in the New Testament (I know I've felt this way before). 

With all of this being said, there is something extremely important to remember while reading the Word of God- especially while reading the Old Testament- God intended for the Bible to be this way! 

He has such a deep and flawless design. It's said later by Paul that the Word is living and active, which means that the words that in the Bible hold a huge meaning. 

Why is there so many long pages of rules and laws? 

Because God wanted us to have ALL the answers for our questions. He wants us to feel like we could have the answers to every thought that crosses our minds- and to have answers to questions that we might not even have! 

He wants us to be equipped. That's why we have the Bible in the first place! 

The Bible isn't just some rulebook. It is a deep and beautiful love story between God and His people. It holds SO much wisdom, truth, and knowledge, that we get to privilege of having available to us each and every day. We just need to see it that way. :) 

-its_lexieyvonne