Deuteronomy 18:22

Published May 4th, 2024. 

We don't have to live in fear when it comes to prophecy. So much of our lives consist of instant gratification, instant answers to every question we may have- but sometimes God doesn't work that way. When it comes to prophecy, it can feel like we don't fully understand what is to happen... or what a prophecy may mean... We live in fear and doubt, wondering what is next, and if we're even enough to know or understand. 

One thing that is so important to remember when it comes to what God says is that it is always true. Nothing can compare to it or prove it wrong. 

When we hear prophecies, let us remember this: "When a prophet speaks in the Lord's name, and the message does not come true or it not fulfilled, that is a message the Lord has not spoken." (Deuteronomy 18:22) 

Now, it's important to be aware. It's important to keep our eyes and ears open to what the Lord may be trying to show or tell us. But let us not be afraid, knowing that no matter what happens, God always has the best plan and purpose. 

"We ask you, brothers and sisters, not to be easily upset or troubled, either by prophecy or by a message or a letter, alleging that the day of the Lord has come." (2 Thessalonians 2:2) 

-its_lexieyvonne