(15) All Pain No Pleasure

It has been a couple of nights since Roxy came back from her trip, I was so excited to see her. She comes over late hours without my parents knowing, but not tonight. We are all going out for dinner, we decided to keep the vampire thing a secret for now.

For the evening I am wearing a black dress that stops at my knees, my hair is half up half down with minimal makeup. Roxy knocks on our door and she is also wearing a dress. It is super tight but is sparkly black, she looks incredible. From the moment I opened the door, I could not wait to peel the dress of her later. 

The night is going well, she makes my dad laugh. Mother doesn't seem to fussed, more concentrated on her bottle of wine. We are being served our mains when I hear my voice being screeched from the other side of the room. It is Amber, she makes our way to the table. My parents greet her profusely, they've somewhat met her.

"Hey Amber, you alright? Here with the family?" I ask

"No just some friends, did Niall get to you about tutoring me? My writing essay skills are below par, would love your help." she flirts touching my arm, I almost squirm.

"No, he didn't mention it. Have you met my girlfriend, Roxy?" I introduce the two, Roxy looks so unimpressed glaring at Amber.

"It's nice to meet you," Roxy tries to be polite.

"I cannot say the same," Amber says through gritted teeth "See ya later, call me Jack!" She adds quickly before leaving.

I try to hold Roxy's hand but she moves it away. The rest of the meal isn't bad, I try and diffuse the air. I can feel an argument brewing between me and Roxy. After the meal is through my dad offers to drive us home but I tell him we are going for a walk, I'll text them if we need anything.

"Are you okay babe?" I ask her, this sets her off.

"Who the fuck was that bitch? Who was she talking to like that? Does she know I can rip out her perfect pretty throat?" Roxy seethes with anger. 

"She's just Niall's sister, she means no harm. Just a kid," I try to calm her, it doesn't work. She sulks and walks me home, I try to kiss her goodnight but she disappears in an instant in the wind. I hate when she does that.

I go inside and my parents are about to head to bed before they do they tell me they like Roxy, she is very grown-up for me. I suppose that is something. I go to bed early that night, before I do I get a text:

Hey Jack, can you do me a favour and tutor my sister tomorrow? Just in your free period. She's struggling, you know what first years are like. You would be doing me a solid. Thanks! Niall X

I roll my eyes, I have to help him. He helped me, even if this will throw a spanner in the works with Roxy. I fall asleep trying not to think about her reaction when I let her know.

-.-

The day passes like a blur, lecture after lecture and soon enough it's the free period with Amber. We find a spare room in the library, I share my tips with her. She seems to grasps everything, I even share with her my essay structure plan. 

"Thanks for helping me, Jack," She smiles, I jump almost as she puts her hand on my thigh.

"What the fuck?" I hear the scream before seeing the face. Roxy. 

She zooms towards us and pushes Amber off her chair, I am shocked.

"Everything is okay, Amber you should leave." I urge her to before something bad occurs.

Amber is crying and quickly leaves the room. Roxy turns to me.

"It's nothing?" She shouts. I try to calm her, it doesn't work.