(22) Happy Birthday

I awaken, light blazing through the curtains, instead of my usual grumpy grunt I smile and sit up. They say the older you get the more stressing life becomes, not today. I'm going to have a good day, a positive attitude wins every time.

My phone buzzes on the bedside cabinet, before I get the chance to pick it up my attention is brought to Claire, who is bringing me breakfast in bed. Her bed.  We have been a thing for a couple of weeks, I love staying at her place. She places down the tray of toast and flowers beside me, and reaches over and plants a kiss on my lips. I pull back into bed with me. She giggles as I kiss her neck

"Happy birthday baby," She smiles. She makes me so happy. 

We cuddle before sharing the breakfast, she is so incredibly thoughtful. I grab my phone to see a text message from Niall: Happy Birthday, Mate. See you at the pub later! I cannot wait for him and Jay to meet Claire, they will love her. I love her. 

We spend the majority of the day in bed, kissing and making love. Until we have to get out of bed to get ready for the pub. She slips on a beautiful black dress, I cannot help but watch her put her makeup on. She looks amazing, she always looks amazing. I wear a lowcut top with a skirt and a little pair of heels. It's not long until we are entering the pub. It is dark. 

The lights flash on "Happy Birthday!" A group shouts at me. People smile and cheer at me, Timmy grins at me from the bar, what a guy. 

Niall and Jay are sat together with a pint, we join them. I smile at them, I'm automatically handed a beer. I introduce them to Claire, we finally get to meet Niall's black haired girl Meg. Her and Claire hit it off straight away. It feels good to be having a pint with my favourite people. Jay is doing amazing, he tells us he is getting used to the chair. He is just glad that we don't treat him differently. None of us has heard from Justin since he left, Connor bothers with them but not me.

I feel myself getting a little tipsy, I pull Claire to me. She giggles and tilts her head, she steals my breathe as hairs erupt all over me. Her lips press against mine, our lips move in sync. My stomach flutters, my knees feel weak. She pulls away and we stare into each other's eyes she's so perfect.

"Why don't we get out of here," I whisper to her,

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, let's go for a walk,  I will say a quick word to everyone then we can go," I squeeze her hand, she smiles at me as I head into the crowd.

I bid farewell to everyone and join Claire waiting at the door, she smiles at me.  We walk and talk, our hands entwine, it feels like it's meant to be. She leads me through the city, the more we walk the fewer buildings come insight. She stops outside of a fenced green area, the grass is blazing with the sun, trees stand perfectly around the edging welcoming everyone in. This place is blissful.

She grabs my hand tightly, her walk picks up into a jog, she leads me through the gate. She lets go and runs a little, she wants me to chase her. I run after her, every now and then she turns around and grins at me.

She runs faster, it's like a game of hiding and seeks with the trees, she runs faster. She stops and I pounce, she giggles as I take her down to the grass.

She laughs as she stares up at me, I sit on top of her. "Gotcha!" I gloat.

Her hands stroke my thighs, pulling my waist closer. Her hands move and she reaches up to me, her fingers trace my lips and my cheek, I bend my head toward her, blocking the light that glowed her perfect angelic skin. Her eyes linger with lust staring at my lips, the familiar breathtaking feeling fills me, only she makes me feel so good but so weak. She softly presses her lips against mine, before I can feel them she pulls away teasing. She plants a soft kiss on my cheek, my chin. She breathes down my neck making my temperature rise rapidly. She presses her lips against mine once more, this time I soft grasp her chin so I can hold onto the kiss. She grins as my lips press against hers. Our kiss deepens, and the feelings she gives me grow stronger, what could this be? Love...? I hope so.

She pushes me off her lightly and rises to her feet. I lay on the grass watching her, she takes a few steps away and gestures for me to follow so like a puppy wanting more treats I do as I'm told. She leads me to a tree, it's colossal. She sits down underneath it and I join her. I stare above, the tree hovers above the branches making the sky patchy, what little sun is fighting through is beautiful. I

"You're so beautiful. " I tell her honestly, pulling her closer to me.

She wraps her arms around me,  a beautiful smile lingers on those precious lips.  I reach out and touch her face,  her skin is warm, her cheeks so rosy and model-like. I move closer until I can feel her warm breath against me. My hands run through her silky locks. We stare into each other's eyes, I could do this forever and still want to carry on.

"You're beautiful," I tell her, her lashes flutter and her rosy cheeks become rosier.

"Jackie, I never want this day to end, it's too perfect." She says this time her eyes hold a hint of sorrow.

"I know what you mean, it doesn't have to end ever." I think it's time I opened my heart.

"What do you mean?" She sits up holding my hand tightly.

"We could do this every day... What I mean is that we could be together, it doesn't have to end, not if you don't want it too, I would like to officially call you my girlfriend." my heart raises a little.

She smiles at me and replies "I would like that, I would like that a lot!"

I reach out to her, pressing against her lips. This isn't a lust kiss,  my heart beats fast, the warm feeling fills me up again, she is mine; this feeling never has to go away.

She pulls away "We need to celebrate this,"

"How?"

"I've already thought of that, we are going to go away for the weekend, just you and me. How does that sound?" She shrieks, she practically jumps up and down.

"It sounds perfect." I kiss her again this time it's filled with need, from both of us.

I pull her onto my knee, her arms wrap around my neck, I want my lips elsewhere.

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!!

We are disturbed, it can't be my phone it's at home. Claire groans before answering.

"Hello?"

I can't hear the other person but Claire's face turns cold, her eyes huge with worry.

"I will be right there!"  she stands up,

"What's wrong?" I question helping her pack up.

"It's my boss, something has happened to the shop I think there's been a robbery or he could be overdramatizing again." She says frustrated.

"Again?"

"He went crazy because someone forgot to clean the counters, he's quite annoying actually," She laughs slightly.

We leave the park, we manage to get on a bus back to town. She doesn't say much, she's worried even if she says she's not. We get off the bus, I grab her hand to show some form of support. She looks up at me with a small smile. The pancake shop is at the end of the street so we take a slow walk. We stop, a rotten smell fills the street, a weird fog hovers, Claire looks at me anxiously. We walk further down the street, the fog turns into smoke. The smell of burning hits us, not like burnt toast but more like burning tires and flesh.

Few steps through the smoke, fire blazing pushing against the glass window, the glass shatters I grab Claire protecting her. The flames lick against each other repelling the building, wait it's not just any building it's the café...