Chapter 33: Ice Cold

(Robin)

It was a day before the invasion. Cyborg contacted all honorary Titans and Allies we could get. Some of them are preparing and others are meditating. They are all aware at how crucial this invasion could be.

"Have everyone receive information about the invasion?" I said

"Affirmative." Cyborg was typing away with the computer. Beastboy was guarding Blackfire and Raven was meditating for tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I clenched the cup I was holding. I kept my composure up so that I may have the strength to fight Starfire tomorrow. If only I have known—wait.

Blackfire. She can tell me what Starfire plans. Who's controlling her and everything else!

"Cyborg is Balckfire awake?" Cyborg looked up from his screen and back again.

"Maybe. Beastboy said he can't enter even if the door is unlocked. He says things about privacy or something." It was all that I need.

*****

"Beastboy, I need to talk to Blackfire so is it fine if you leave after?" Beastboy was outside sitting cross-legged and bored.

"Sure. Shout if anything happens." He left and I knocked three times before I entered.

"Blackfire." I saw her sitting at the edge of the bed, holding her bandaged arm looking at the outside window.

"I'm guessing you're here to ask about her right?" she said without looking at me.

"Yes." Quite frankly, it was surprising she didn't get mad at me for entering here so suddenly.

"I can't tell you much Robin." Her voice was low and crackly. She looked so weak and down.

"She looked for me. I was deceived and by as far much as I hate her, she isn't herself." She said and she clutched her arm tighter

"She looked so cold and in pain. Either in a day she would disappear completely and comeback with colder, deadlier eyes. She would hit and trash anything and she would be like the queen she can't be." She said

"Why is she doing this?" I asked

Blackfire chuckled and gave out a huge sigh.

"I wish I'd know." And there goes my last chance of knowing.

I looked aside for a moment. If Blackfire didn't know what controlled her then why did Starifre use her?

"Why did Starfire use you then?" I was looking at the frowning girl in front of me. Her furrowed eyebrows show that she too was confused.

"I don't know—I heard once she was talking in a deeper voice almost possessed but then she saw me and punished me. After that I was guessing he was being possessed magically or demonically." That struck me something

If it was magically possessed there would have been trace and a mastermind behind all this but with what Starfire was showing it was almost she was possessed by a demon.

"Thanks Blackfire. I'll let Raven know about this." I left the room slightly boggled.

******

"Raven, are there chancs that a demon can control Starfire's mind?" Raven was meditating but she peeked one eye at me and stopped