Chapter 37: Valuable

(Robin)

I was holding unto her like a sack of potatoes. She was still weak in the real world but in here. She carried Starfire and me so lightly like we were pillows.

"Robin, I can't stay long. My body is still weak and I just asked Raven to let me in. I sensed something was wrong so I begged, but this is your last chance. Trigon can be defeated but only someone like Raven can seal the entrance to the demon world trapping him from our world. But you need something valuable. You need to sacrifice something valuable." Behind us we can feel a cool icy breeze, we know he was getting close.

"Ahh—" Blackfire suddenly collapsed to the ground clutching her chest. She was still in pain and Trigon was still on hold of Starfire's mind.

"You need to give...something...valuable..something..." but then her body suddenly faded. Now, she's gone.

"Something...valuable." If I give up something valuable of mine then will it save Starfire?

"Robin?" Starfire was stirring. I can sense that Trigon was close but I urged her to move a bit.

"We need to go now." She nodded and held unto my cheek. She smiled sweetly and closed her eyes in my arms.

"Raven! If you can hear me. We have to leave. NOW!" there was silence, I waited for a couple of seconds but there was no response. I was about to shout again when there was a flash of light and for no reason I ran towards it.

(Raven)

I was again in my own little dark hole

it was so quiet and I was so focused on meditating that I almost didn't hear Robin call out to me.

"Raven! If you can hear me. We have to leave. NOW!" it was shushed and I could barely hear it. My father was blocking out everything and I was lucky enough o hear his voice in the quietness of my hole.

"You can't save them both." His voice echoed inside my head

"I can, and I will." I summoned all of my powers and made an exit. I just hope they make it out before it closes.

(Cyborg)

The beam of light in the tower suddenly flickered and then it faded.

I was starting to worry, really worry.

did Robin save Starfire? or they both--?

I gritted my teeth and decided to do what's best for now

I trust Robin. He will come back with Starfire and everything will be alright.