Epilogue

Epilogue

Fifty years later

It's almost the day we celebrate fifty years and the day still came to me fresh. It was as if it all happened a year ago. And everything changed until then.

Flashback

I woke up in my bed. Everything was dark and I caught a glimpse of the rising sun a bit in my window. I stirred and I saw that Beastboy was sleeping right beside me and Raven and Cyborg were sleeping in the other side of the room.

"What happened?" I said in a hoarse voice. Beastboy stirred and when he saw me he rose up and woke Raven and Cyborg. They were beside me in seconds.

"You were almost gone Star." Raven said. She felt cold and tired than usual. What happened?

"What happened?" They looked at each other and nodded.

"You and robin were saying goodbyes when a bunch of Trigon's armies came in. Beastboy and Cyborg seem to halt them from entering further and I was watching you. You seem so weak that moment that your lifeline was weakening and you seem to fade so fast. I panicked," Raven was tired and I could see bandages and wounds around Cyborg and Beastboy. They fought so hard.

"I focused my spell to drag you out but the other souls also wanted to go out so I had to exert a lot of my energy to get you out and ward off the other lost soul attached to you." Raven smiled, a tired happy smile at the end.

"And...Robin?" I asked, she shook her head but I can see a faint of a ghost smile in her lips.

"He passed through." I can feel the tears pooling in my eyes. I shouldn't be sad for him. He wanted this. He wished for this and yet I want him back so bad. I was so torn to give up and just hope for more but know it's not our time yet. Just like he said, too many complications and too many at stake. He didn't give up he just gave me more time to finish the things I have to do and as much as I would love to be with him. What he said is true.

"How are you?" Cyborg asked and I know what he meant about it.

"I'll be okay." I smiled and wiped my eyes. I know that it might not be our time now but I m hoping that somewhere, fate is good to us and let us meet again. Not now but maybe next time.

"He said he loves us." He might be gone but his words were meant to be in present tense. He loves us even until now. Even until he was gone.

"He loves us as his teammates and he loves us as his friends. It was a wonderful journey and he loves every second of it." I can see tears glistening in their eyes and I can see the message reached them.

"What now?" Beastboy asked. For once I don't know. I might go back up to Tamaran and be queen. But for the others, I don't know.

"Try to live a life I guess." I said. Tey were clueless about everything and even though I was too I wanted one last thing settled

"My lifewas always composed of you guys and I don't know if I can live life other than that." Beastboy said. Cyborg was with him.

"I'll go back to Tamaran and be queen."

"I'll find a way to stop my father, maybe be a demon again. Just not the demon he expects me to be." Raven said. I can sense she wanted to get back to her father for what he has done and I can't do anything but respect her decisions.

"I'll try t go to college maybe make myself useful." Beatboy said and truthfully it might be hard coming that he is a hero in Jump City and anyone might flock him.