Chapter 16: Engagement Party

sorry for the long update....

I was busy and something happened to my phone.

here's the update !!!

Enjoy!!! \(^w^)/

********************

(Starfire)

"milady the guests are waiting," our messenger said as he talked behind my locked door.

"I will be down in a minute." I answered and I heard footsteps fading.

I was wearing my Tamaran armor. It was our custom that when a princess is about to meet her bethrothed. I held the ring in my finger, still hoping that Robin will come for me.

I have betrayed his trust for me. It will ne unforgivable. I thought and removed my ring. I got a small thin silver string and tied it to my neck with the ring.

even if I broke our promise. I will not let go. I exhaled and prepared myself for the meeting of my bethrothed.

***********

(Robin)

I lay on my bed dazed. Today was Starfire's engagement party and I decided I won't go.

what will I do?? Stop her from fulfilling her duties as a princess?? I scoffed, she would probably yell at me for being stupid and not thinking this through.

but still, a part of me still wants to see her and stop the engagement.

"Robin?" I heard a voice and my eyes met Raven's.

"shouldn't you guys be guarding or should you be meditating?" she shook her head and hovered torwards me.

"Do you love Starfire??" she asked out of the blue. Raven was never the affectionate kind and she would remain her feelings, plike love, contained.

"I like her very much."

"Robin I asked if you love her, not like her." I was surprised.

I never said I loved her. I never said to her those 3 words. I say that I like her but never love her.

"why is it so important. I said I like her, doesn't it count??" the corner of Raven's mouth smiled a little.

"if you don't love her why are you sulking here??"

"I never said I never loved her." I sat down and looked at her. She has this glint of mischevousness in her eyes.

"so you do love her??"

"yes— I mean no! maybe?? I'm not sure." I slumped back at my headboard.

"I may not be the sweetest jellybean on the jar but I know how much you like her." she said and I remained quiet.

"you say you like her but it hurts you seeing her be with someone else. You said she lost her memory once.but it does not dictate how much you love her. She lost her memory but her heart remembers the feelings she once have for you. You still tried even though there were complications, you never gave up. You even made a deal with Galfore after the war she would come home even though it hurts you seeing her leave." she said and she now smiled.