Chapter 40: All This Time

(Starfire)

I stared blankly at the screen. Was that everything? No...it can't be all. I looked from every file I could open but there was nothing. I looked through Robin's room trying to find if it was all a joke that—that—I refuse to believe that he doesn't want me to save him. Why? Is he finally giving up? Is he finally letting me go after all this time?

"No...No...NO!" I slammed my fits on his bed landing softly on each thud. My anger growing weary as my tears fall and my heart break.

I was outside. I felt nothing. I don't know what to do. I wanted him for so long that I just went blank. It was all nothing. His sacrifices were nothing but just sacrifices. Was I not enough for him to fight back?

"Starfire," I hear the familiar voice of Raven. I was too far gone to think or shoo her away. All I wanted was to be alone.

"He didn't want me to save him." She stopped and I could see her scrutinizing my face for any reaction.

"I see." She clenched and unclenched her hands.

"I want to see him." I declared. She looked at me shockingly before nodding.

"I want to do that too but..." she hesitated.

"We have to travel to the underworld, my realm. And seek out his soul or his spirit. You can talk to him then but for my father to have his soul. I think you need more help." She said. I don't want anyone to come with. It might be dangerous and none of the titans were in good shape to come anyways.

"I can go alone Raven." She smiled sadly and nodded. Just as we were about to go back inside Cyborg and Beastboy came.

"So, leaving us again?" Beastboy muttered.

"You heard us?" I gasped. It was just for me. I don't want to burden them.

"And then what? Let us wait here until we get the news both of you are dead?! Until then?!" Cyborg all but yelled.

"We want to help, this isn't yours alone Star." Beastboy was sadly saying. He looks tired but his voice held firmness.

"He was our leader too. We wanted to say something before he left but you can see that we don't exactly have time to chat." Cyborg said

"So were coming with you." I was about to protest when Cyborg held my shoulders.

"It's hard, I know. But it's not our decision if he chose to do that. I wanted to know too. I want to thank him...for everything and say a lot more things. And if we could save him s be it but we can't just sit here Star. We want this too." Cyborg looked determined and sad at the same time. I can see his fondness and respect and I could also see he adored robin as our leader.

"Yes...okay then." Raven nodded and made spell to open a portal to the underworld. It was dark, cold and lifeless but there are just some things you do for love.

__________________

(Robin)

It's cold...so so very cold down here.

I can't feel my arms

My legs

My fingers

I want so badly to hold her

To see her

Maybe kiss her