Chapter 38: Until The End

Chapter 38: Until the End

(Starfire) 

The battle hasn't ended. Trigon still has control over half of my army and they are still fighting. I was helping as much as I can but I can feel my muscles ache and my vision blurring.

Raven and Blackfire helped but the demon world was yet closed and the only one who can close it was Raven.

"Raven, where is Robin?" I asked her when I had a chance but she just looked at me for a moment just before her eyes flashed white and her body plummeted to the ground.

I barely saved her when she spoke in a pained manner.

"I have to seal him shut now!" Raven looked so pained and I took her arm before asking.

"What do I do to help?" she looked at me through her white eyes. I can sense that she wants to say something but instead turned to the others who are fighting.

"Beastboy! Cyborg! Keep them away from the towers. Demons and Tamaranian warriors."

"Got it Rave!"

"Sure thing Raven!"

Cyborg and Beastboy answered simultaneously then Raven and I left to the tower.

(Raven)

I know that my father was still giving his best in succeeding to open the demon realm an the human realm. It was just a matter of time but I have to know where Robin is.

"What can I do to help." Starfire was determined to help and to know where Robin is. I know Robin would sacrifice anything to save everyone. Even if it takes away his life.

"Get my spell book and draw the incantation in the ground while I meditate." Starfire nodded and proceeded to draw the incantation spell I gave her.

I meditated trying to find Robin's voice or thoughts. It was like trying to look for a coin in a middle of a swampy dark pond. I could hear my own breathing in the echoing darkness.

"Robin if you're here. Say something." I looked around for a sign but it was futile. I can't assume he's dead. I just  can't

"Raven." it was faint and distant. It was really weak and I could feel the life force straining to hold on.

"Robin! We'll save you. I just have to find a way to--" I was scrambling for my thoughts but he cut me off.

"Not enough time. Shut...the...rift...between Trigon...and the...humans." he strained.

"What about you? and Starfire?" I wanted him to be selfish. I wanted him to ask to save him and be selfish just for once. He's given up so much for her. so much for her and everyone's sake and yet he's left with nothing but the love that keeps him going everyday.

"For once...I want...to be selfish... but...I can't." I don't know if my tears can be seen in real life because I was crying.

"FOR ONCE ROBIN TRY AND BE SELFISH!" I can hear him chuckle. It was tired. He was tired.

"You said I have to sacrifice something valuable, and...I will but you have to--" I cut him off

"FOR A PRICE ROBIN! You have to sacrifice something for a price to pay." I can't see him but his grinning face came to my mind.

"And it will happen." I can't handle this. He's too pure of a leader.

"Why?" It was all I could ask.

"Why...not." it was only what he answered.

"Give all your strength in sealing the rift...I will try to find a way out." It was a fail attempt to give hope but knowing my father he will take him away.