Chapter 35: Raging Fire

(Cyborg)

It was chaos out here. We were fighting off the tamarans that were invading, trying to kill as less of them as possible. Starfire will not like us for killing one of her people.

But these tamaran men were different. They have this black aura making them seem like thy're not people at all. Black eyes that's deep and hallow like all the soul is sucked out of them.

"Cyborg! 12 o'clock!" Aqualad shouted and I blasted the ship's lasers before it could cause collateral damage to the city.

I looked at the tower. Where Raven is doing the ritual and where Robin in half conscious with his life on his hands.

I tried thinking about other things rather than what will lie ahead but Robin was on the verge of death and life here.

He said I must help him. And he will give me the authority on what must be done whatever may happen to him afterwards.

I blasted more ship and beat up more soldiers but I kept having that bad omen here in my gut. It wasn't the end. Not until we clean what was stained.

_________

(BlackFire)

Raven can't see me

or sense my presence

I'm here in front of Raven and Robin. Robin's encased in a white light. His body floating midair. Raven was also hovering, eyes white from concentration and meditation.

Robin's eyes were closed. But I could feel his body's life energy fading then goes out strong then fade again.

It would be easy to kill them both

I could redeem myself to Starfire or whoever is within her

and I could have the best rewards and gifts I could have

But then I won't

Starfire as what I said is more important. I'd live another life and I'd still want to save her. She is the only one left of my family and I won't let anyone take her away.

I'm still too weak to fight, but I wanted to help in any way I can. I want her to see me, see me that I have changed.

and if ever I go back to the dark void that I'm used to. At least let her live on the other side of the galaxy.

I walked away, I wanted to warn them. Its a battle more that what's happening outside but if somehow you can save Starfire and Robin at the same time. It would be a miracle. And I don't believe in miracles.

"Blackfire." Raven's voice rang out.

I turned around to see her looking at me . She was standing but her feet were still hovering. Her eyes white but directly focused on me.