Chapter 50- The End

|| Saya ||

When me and Aki returned to the village there was nothing left. The buildings had all crumbled into nothing. The entire Village was nothing but ruins.

We carefully made our way threw the demolished leaf. For all the deconstruction only a hand full of body's laid against the ground.

'' they need to be buried." I said to no one in particular.

"I wonder if there are any survivors" Aki wasn't talking to me. Or himself.

We were both talking to the wind.

We both started combing threw the wreckage.

"Saya!" Aki's voice called me back to reality. He was standing on the top of a fallen over house. A smile tipping up his lips. As I made my way over to him the familiar color of my mothers crimson fruit came into view.

"Mom?"my voice was nothing more then the ghost of a whisper. I doubt Aki even heard me.

When I reached the top of the building it wasn't my mother I found but a handful of the leafs youth. None of them were older then ten. A couple not even old enough to walk, but they were all safe. Tucked away hidden from the enemy.

My eyes filled with tears. My mother was alive. If she wasn't the crimson fruit would have shattered.

Aki and I worked tirelessly for about three hours before we were able to break the crimson fruit apart.

After combing threw the rest of the village we found two more of my mothers crimson fruits. One of which held my missing best friend. Cuan had launched into my arms the moment we broke threw the crystal and hasn't left them since. He needed the comfort. I couldn't imagine what his small sad eyes had seen.

In totally there was about thirty kids. No adults. Ages ranged from a few years older then Aki and myself to only a few days old.

"We need to get them to the sand." I told Aki after gazing at a new born who was bundled tightly in its siblings arms.

"We can't take care of these baby's. Gaara will know what to do about the Butterfly Queen."

Aki nodded taking one last look at what used to be our home.

It was a five day at least journey to the sand. If Aki or I went alone it would only be a three day sprint, but we couldn't do that. It was going to take both of us to keep this small band of survivors alive.

We only needed had a few days worth of formula and food. Not enough to make the trip. We needed to leave now.

I looked at Aki who's only response was to allow the red to overcome the onyx in his eyes.

I smiled at him. He wouldn't have been my first choice if i had to pick someone to be here with me. But I'm glad i wasn't alone. I reached inward and summoned the fox to life. I felt my canines elongate and my eyes bleed orange.

This wasn't over. In fact. This was just the beginning.

|| Akan ||

The wind hollowed in the abandoned ruins of the leaf village. Nothing living remained. My Queen had won this battle. Taking the villages back to our castle. They would all be given the choice how they wanted there story to end. They could join our kingdom, or they could become victims of our queens chakra ritual. Draining the life out of each who opposed her, fueling her.

I made my way threw the village until I stumbled across a grave.

A small yellow flower sat quietly on the tomb. A chucked to myself before summoning a butterfly.

"She's alive. We'll find her" i whispered to the fragile little thing before releasing it into the wind.