Chapter 40

|| P.O.V. Saya||

Life was slow and dragged by painfully. It had been almost three months since my kidnapping. Dad doesn't let me out of the village anymore and the only missions I go on are things like picking weeds and babysitting noble mans children.

A few days after I was released from the hospital dad switched around a few teams. I was still on Sasukes team but my quad mates were now Hyüga Obi, and Uchiha Aki.

Aki wasn't to happy about having Sasuke-Sensei as his teacher but he never gave much of a fight. Kakashi still trained Aki's sharingan.

I knew why my father had changed the teams around like this. It was for my own protection. Both my squad mates needed to train there eyes before leaving the village.

While my squad trained I spend my days either visiting with Ren-kun or wandering around in the forest of the training fields. It was the only place I could be alone, or rather as alone as I ever was. Cuan-kun always stuck by my heels.

The two of us had grown very attached to the other. I could hear Cuan-Kuns voice in my head now, as long as he was within 100 or so yards from me. After that he grew quieter and quieter until I couldn't hear him at all.

"Saya-chan!" I voice called, dragging me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to see Amy-chan running after me, waving her arms around frantically.

She had just gotten back from a mission with her new squad. They'd gone to a village a few miles away to escort a trades man back to the leaf.

I forced my lips up into a smile as Amy-chan aprouched.

I opened my lips but no sound came out. Not that it needed to. Amy-chan was quick to fill any silence.

"Hey Saya-chan," she giggled, "you would have loved the trades men me escorted. He smells like sake the entire time! I don't think he hired us to protect him from ninja I think it was so he wouldn't walk off a bridge!"

And so she continued. Chattering about her mission and all the glamours things she had done. Caun-kun let out an annoyed growl after a little while. He didn't really like Amy-chan very much, or how sad it normally made me to have her around.

I guess I was just jealous. She was allowed out of the village, and she was happy while I was neither.

Amy-chan looked down at Cuan-kun before frowning and looking to me. "Saya... Are you sure you should keep him around. It's not healthy... The LAST thing you need is another reminder of Ren-kun... I mean he's dead... Maybe it's time you excepted that."

Cuan-kun let out a low growl, his fur along his shoulders stood up on edge and I could feel the anger pouring threw him from the link we shared.

"I should bite her for that!" He nearly hissed.

"You can leave now Amy." I glared at her.

Amy eyes Cuan-kun warily, "why are you mad I'm trying to help."

I gave her one final glare, which I doubt she noticed, before flashing away.

Cuan-kun followed after baring his teeth one final time at Amy.

" I really don't like her..." He growled angerly after we had escaped to the roof of the Hokage building. I sat and looked out over the village numbly.

"I know" I said simply. I wasn't sure what else to say. Or to do for that matter. I felt lost and stuck.

Cuan-kun snuggled into my lap and sighed.

Maybe Amy was right. I knew I was dwelling. Everyone did. And even with the empty feeling in the pit of my stomach keeping my emotions sealed away I longed to be free from the village. To wander like I had before all of this. I wished I could go back to my days at the academy or even to the day before Ren-kun died. I was so focused on growing up quickly I forgot to train. I forgot to be a kid. I was racing forward so quickly I didn't charisma the people in my life. People who I now never will get the chance to cheerish. I felt the tears in my eyes drip off of my face and onto the roof of the building.

"Saya-chan?" Cuan-kun licked at my chin.

Saya. Speeding arrow. I lived up to my name.

"Cuan-kun..." I looked down at my small white puff and clenched my fists. "It's time."