Chapter 31: Inner Strength

||P.O.V. Saya||

I can't remember how long I've been here for. The cell had no windows and the only light came from a hanging lightbulb in the middle of the chamber.

Moss covered the walls and most of the ceiling and water pooled in random places along the floor.

The only furniture I'd been given was an old moldy mattress and a table. Sitting on the table was my headband and a kunia.

To prove my loyalty to the woman in change here I had to cut a line threw the hidden leafs symbol. Officially becoming a rouge and abandoning my family and friends.

"Saya-chan" the woman called. "Your Queen misses you"

That's what she called herself. My Queen.

"All you have to do is prove your loyalty and you can come home" she coo'd.

"The hidden leaf village is my home" I growled at her.

"I didn't want to do this to you, my sweet" she waved in one of the guards.

And that's when the pain started again. The guard pinned me down, holding my arm out he carefully carved butterfly's into my arm with a kunia.

"You will be loyal to us" the guard said over and over again, his fishy rotted breath washing over my face.

I refused to scream. I refused to cry. I didn't do anything but fight as hard as I could.

When the gaurd had finished with his art work he held me down by my hair. yanking my in different directions until he had a good look at his masterpiece. Then he'd throw me back down onto the mattress and stalk out of the room.

Over and over this happened, until there wasn't any more room for butterfly's on my arms. Then on my stomach and legs. Soon they crawled up my back and neck.

Millions of little butterflys.

***

The world was slowly slipping away. the room was rocking back and forth even though I wasn't moving. I looked at the floor of the cell. I couldn't tell what was water and what was blood. The edges of my vision started to blur.

"Saya-chan" the woman coo'd from outside the cell.

"No" my voice creaked, "please... No more"

"You no what to do" she grinned.

I pushed myself up onto my feet and stumbled over to the table.

My hand clutched the kunia as I looked up at the woman.

"The hidden leaf village is my home. I will never be loyal to you" I growled.

I pictured everyone I knew and loved.

But before I could raise the kunia, the world went dark