Chapter 30: Fresh Trail

|| P.O.V Yuki|| written by BrookSimmons

I dragged me feet back to Konoha, my body lagging from the hours I spent searching the area. Knowing it nothing was there for me to use as a lead, I headed back to Konoha.

Having been in my own despair I almost forgot about Naruto, I was sure that by now Amy had told him. Guilt washed over me as the thought of Naruto having to deal with the news alone. Here I was, able to leave the village to search for Saya, and Naruto was stuck there being the Hokage while worrying about Saya alone.

"Yuki-sama!" I looked up to see Akami, Sakura, and Kakashi. Akami turned around, "Konohamaru, Kiba, we found her!"

Sakura walked over to me and gently placed her arm over my shoulder. "Yuki, Naruto sent us to get you. He's worried, come on."

Kakashi walked beside me while Sakura walked on my other side. 'I guess being the Hokage's wife means I have to be more careful or something as well.' I thought as they escorted me back to the village.

"Don't worry, Yuki." Kakashi muttered, placing his hand in my head. "We'll find Saya, but right now you need to be in the village."

I nodded silently as we approached the gates, where I found Naruto standing with Shikamaru and Tsunade. Naruto's eyes widened when he saw me before he ran over to me.

Taking me from Kakashi and Sakura Naruto hugged me tightly. My lip quivered as I held onto Naruto. "N-Naruto-kun... I c-couldn't find her..."

He hummed softly, "I know, Yuki-chan, don't worry, we'll find her though."

His body quivered as his grip on me tightned. Unable to hold it back anymore I let my tears slip, which quickly turned into sobs.

||P.O.V. Ren||

"I can't just sit here" I growled at Cuan-kun.

It has been a couple days since Saya-chan was kidnapped.

The Hokage and Yuki-Sama were beside themselves. Naruto-Sama hadn't left his office and Yuki-Sama was in and out of the village more then anyone, constantly summoning wolves to pick up Saya-chans scent.

Each new wolf that was summoned failed I'm the exact same place Saya-chan had vanished.

My entire clan had tried to catch the sent, but no one could.

"Maybe were looking for the wrong persons scent?" Cuan thought to me.

"What do you mean?" I looked over at the small dog who was barely moving he was so deep in thought.

"That man Akon. I didn't catch his scent when Saya-chan was taken. Maybe if I can find his scent it'll lead us to him and Saya-chan" his tail twitched.

I looked up at the sky. The sun was just starting to set.

"No one else has found a trail, what makes you think we could?"

"Because you love Saya-chan" Cuan-kun climbed into my lap, nuzzling my hand.

"Her parents love her" I muttered.

"Not the same way as you" his tail started moving faster, "lets try? For Saya-chan"

I looked down at the small dog and grinned, "For Saya-chan"

***

The moon hung high in the sky and I couldn't stop thinking about her. Her hair. Her eyes. Her smile.

I'd known her for a year now and I got nervous even thinking about talking to her still.

"Ren...." Cuan-kun called.

"Hmn?" I closed my eyes peering into his head and froze.

The little dog was looking at a faded trail of light green scent. The scent was almost completely gone, but enough was there he could follow it.

"It's Akon" he growled.

"Follow it I'll catch up." I ordered, jumping as quickly as I could from the tree I took off after him and the trail.

"Shouldn't we tell Yuki-sama?" Cuan asked.

"The trails almost completely gone. we don't have time" I growled.

Cuan tucked his tail slightly, submitting to my authority.

"Faster Cuan" I ordered.

"Saya-chan," I thought, "I'm coming to save you"