Chapter 37: War

||P.O.V. Yuki|| written by BrookeSimmons

Dark circles lingered under my eyes as I sat by the K.I.A stone, flowers in my hands. My eyes were dry from the days of endless crying, and I had no more energy to cry anymore. Saya's been gone for weeks, almost a month now, and everything I've done has been useless.

"Mom, Dad..." I muttered, my voice hoarse . "Saya, we still haven't found her. Narutro, even with his friendship with Kurama now, their growing restless. I may have to step in soon to keep those two calm. I- it's my fault, I should have done something sooner, I should have gone with her and Sasuke." I bit my lip, my body quivering.

Footsteps made me look up. Naruto ran beside Kiba, Zero, Cuan, and Akamaru. I looked at my cousin, once again glad that she had come down to help look for Saya. Setting the flowers on the K.I.A stone I stood up.

"Yuki, hurry! Cuan said he and Ren got a lead on Saya!" Kiba shouted, not noticing the slight whimper from Cuan at the mention of Ren.

"Where's Ren?" I asked, looking around for the boy that Cuan was normally glued to, much like how Akamaru and Kiba had been.

"Ren had gone after Saya without my permission." Naruto said, his normally warm and happy voice was hallowed.

My eyes widened, "What? Didn't he know how dangerous that could be?!"

Kiba nodded worriedly, "I think he may have. We need to go now, Cuan told me that Ren had been in a bad fight when he left to get help."

Naruto looked at us, "Go, quickly."

We nodded and I went to follow after Zero and Kiba, but Naruto grabbed my arm. "Yuki, you know I want to go..."

'

"Don't worry, Naruto-kun. You're the Hokage, you're needed here to protect the village. I'm the mother, I'm here to protect the goofy Father and children. Stay here, it's my duty as the Hokage's wife to carry this out. I'll bring Saya back." I gave a small smile.

Naruto pulled me into him, his body shaking. "Please, be careful. If something happens to you too, I don't know what I would do."

"Baka, I told you already. You worry about this village, I'll deal with this. I have to go now." I said, pausing to give him a kiss. Even after all this time, a little kiss like this grought flames to my face.

I ran beside Zero, Kiba and his hounds taking the lead. It saddened me that the only time I got with my cousin since she married Gaara was when something like this happened.

"Are you okay, Yuki?" Zero asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, thank you again for coming in from Suna."

"Gaara would have come too, but like Naruto he's not really allowed to leave. He's already been out of the village for too much." Zero paused, "He blames himself. He said that if it wasn't for the mission to escort him back to Suna, then Saya would probably be okay." She muttered the past part, ruffling her freshly cut white hair.

"Tell Gaara not to blame himself. If anything it's my fault." I said, but before I could continue Kiba spoke.

"We need to hurry, Cuan says they should be up ahead." Kiba said, his body suddenly going rigid. "Shit! Ren!"

My eyes widened as Kiba sped up. Then it hit me, my body stopped moving completely as I spotted the boy on the ground. No chakra was left in him, the first sign of someone death.

"Ren!" Kiba shouted, jumping down from the tree to his bloodied son. Kiba carefully lifted Ren's head. "Come on, open your eyes! I won't be mad that you left the village without permission! Please, just open your eyes son!" Akamaru and Cuan whined softly.