Chapter 25: tolerance

|| P.O.V Saya ||

I couldn't help myself from skipping along next to the group, which was annoying Sasuke-Tato.

"Saya? Do you think you could act like a normal person for one minute?" He asked rather annoyed.

I shook my head, "no Sensei, you wouldn't love me as much if I was"

Sasuke-Tato just smirked and shook his head.

And we continued on. Ren, Amy-chan, and Sasuke-Tato just kept walking like normal people, and gosh they were slow!

"Hurry uppp" I bounced up and down a couple feet in front of them.

"Is she always like this?" Sasuke-Tato asked dully.

"Yup!" both Amy-chan and I churped. Amy-chan glared at me, but I saw a small smile form on her lips.

When we got the academy we had to wait in the hall while the classes Sensei, Mai, settled them all down.

"Saya" Sasuke-Tato barked suddenly.

"Hai"

"Your to act professional, understand? back straight, head up, silent unless instructed. The way you act reflects on the group as a whole and effects if we get missions in the future or not, understand?"

I nodded and stood with the best posture I could, pretending there was a book on top of my head. Ren and Amy-chan followed the example. Cuan-kun even lifted his head from the spot inside Ren's sweater.

I tightened my headband, ready to go.

"We're ready for you now" Mai grinned.

Sasuke-Tato walked into the room first his hands in this pockets, Amy-chan walked in with a big smile on her face followed by Ren, who created a reaction from the little kids because of Cuan-kun, and I walked in last.

The room looked a lot like my own classroom had when I was a first year, just a lot larger.

Twenty kids sat in the rows of desks, all of them smiling excited to meet real ninja.

"Class. This is Uchiha Sasuke, head of ANBU and his squad. This is Amy, Ren, Cuan, and Saya. There all genin. "

The class of students all looked dazed and a couple leaned forward in there seats wanting to get a closer look at us.

"Today your all going to get a chance to talk with them and get any questions you might have about being a ninja answered, and if we have enough time we're going to get to see the genin train in a sparing match. They might even teach you guy's a couple of tricks" Mai smiled to the excited class.

I felt my lips turn up. They were all so cute.

"So do we have any questions?" Mai asked the little kids. Every. Single. hand went up. Some kids even raised both.

Mai let out a small giggle and gave us all a resurring smile. "ok we'll start from the front row and move backwards."

Each little kid asked a series of questions. About half were directed at Sasuke and the other half at Cuan, a lot of the kids wanted to pet the little dog. Ren smiled and told them they all could later on.

After that all the questions ranged from death to weapons to training.

"My questions for that one" A little girl with pink hair pointed at me. Her green eyes twinkled.

"Saya" I corrected.

"Saya-San. Are you afraid to die?" the little girl asked.

Ren and Amy-chan stiffened next to me. Sasuke-Tato looked interested in my answer.

"What's your name?" I asked the girl.

"Tamayo" she smiled.

I took a deep breath for before giving the girl my best grin. "Tamayo your looking at the next best ninja of the hidden leaf. I'm going to train hard and get strong so I'll never have to worry about anything. Not even death"

I gave the girl a thumbs up.

Tamayo grinned back. "then I wanna get strong to! I'll be a great ninja one day!"

Sasuke-Tato shook his head smirking.

Mai giggled before clapping her hands together to get the kids attention. "all right class that's enough questions for now. Why don't we all head to the training grounds to watch how the ninja spar?"

The class quickly filed out the door, but as I turned to go I felt a small hand slip into mine.

I looked down at a bright eyed Tamayo grinning up at me.

"You'll be my friend, right Saya-San?"

I grinned and wrapped my fingers around the little girls, "of course I will"

*******

|| P.O.V Sasuke ||

"Hmphm!"

Saya threw a kick at Ren, who I'd just so happened to pick to be her sparing partner, with a surprising amount of force. Ren was holding back. He didn't want to hurt Saya, but his little crush wasn't holding anything back. She charged at him with the same fire in her eyes that she'd charged at me with.

The sparing match was strictly fist to fist. No jutsu or weapons allowed at all.

Cuan and Ren did a good job at dancing around Saya's attacks. The two bobbed and weaved in a circle around her, looking for an opening to pin her without really harming her. Saya, however, was getting frustrated and the angrier she got the faster her body moved and the more narrow Ren and Cuans escapes were. The fight was going on for at least ten minutes already and still neither had landed a hot on the other. Ren's movements were naturally animalistic, but I was surprised to find Saya's slowing developing that way. The more she missed, the wilder her punches grew and the faster they could go.

"What's the matter Saya? Can't catch him?" I called out.

Saya glared at me before going after Ren.

She soon landed a solid kick to the boys chest, knocking him over.

The kids of the academy watched without ever blinking, the new ninjas movements much to fast for there untrained eyes to follow.

"Why are you holding back?!" Saya growled.

"I'm not, your just that good." Ren scratched the back of him head, getting up slowly under Saya glare.

"Saya" I barked, "go get some water and relax"

Saya balled up her fists and stormed off, sending me a glare on her way to the water fountain.

When her back was turned I activated my Sharingan and looked at her. Retreating into the shadows of her figure was the soft frightening glow of orange chakra.

______________________

Vote
Comment
Love