Chapter 17: Surpise

|| P.O.V. Saya ||

After ramen with Amy-chan and Ren-San I headed home. It was getting late and I didn't want my parents to worry. It had been a long day and I wanted nothing more then to curl up into a ball and sleep.

I pushed my front door open. The house was completly silant and the lights were off.

Had mother and father already gone to bed? Jeez they were getting old.

I flipped on the light swift.

"SURPRISE!" a chorus of people shouted and jumped out of random places. I let out a surprised yelp and jumped backwards. But in true Uzumaki style I tripped and landed on my butt.

Mom giggled and ran up to me, squeezing the air out of my lungs.

"my little Saya-chan is all grown up and a ninja now!" she cryed and tightened her grip.

"m-mom" I clawed at her arms, trying desperately to suck in more air. "your killing me!"

Moms grip didn't loosen so I shot dad a pleading look. Dad gave mom a weary glance. I could feel my face start to turn blue so I scanned the crowd of people. Standing against the back wall was Sai-Kun. I shot him the same look.

Sai-Kuns eyebrows knitted together and he looked confused. I think my face was purple by now and my vision was starting to blur.

'why cruel world!' I thought bitterly. My mother was killing me with hugs, my dad was to afraid to save me and my best male gendered friend had no idea what was going on.

Suddenly moms arms were gone. I didn't even look to see who had helped me right away...I was to busy sucking in air by the mouth full.

"you can't kill my student, dope"

I looked up and saw Saskue-tato holding mom by the back of her shirt. Moms feet weren't touching the ground, but she didn't struggle against Saskue-tato's grip. She just sorta hung there glaring at him, her arms crossed.

"Saskue, she's my daughter. I can do whatever I want." mom said sending me a look that said "I'm-going-to-hug-you-untill-your-dead-when-I-get-out-of-this"

I squeeked and grabbed the first person I could and used them as a body sheild.

"um Saya?"

I looked up at the person I'd just grabbed and grinned at Ren-san. Huh I wonder how he'd gotten here faster then me...

"oh.. Hi Ren-san" I giggled and angled him better. "your my meat sheild now, ok?"

To my surpise he shrugged and nodded. "ok, but you have to visit my grave everyday when I die... and bring me flowers"

I grinned cheekily and nodded. "ok but when you die I'm taking Cuan-Kun"

Ren-San frowned and gestured to the little dog in his shirt. "he'd die to... He's part of the meat sheild"

I frowned and held my hands out in front of me. "let me have him first then."

Ren-San laughed and lifted the pup out of his shirt before handing him to me. "here"

I grinned and held Cuan-Kun close to me. His fur was really warm and it tickled my arms.

Cuan-Kun yawned before settling into my arms his little eyes drooped shut. That reminded me...

"hay what is everyone doing here anyway?"

Dad rolled his eyes at me. "did you really think we weren't going to celebrate you becoming a ninja? We would have celebrated yesterday, but you came home early and were in a bad mood."