Chapter 27: The outside

||P.O.V Saya||

It had been a little over a year since I'd joined my squad. We trained hard every day and when I wasn't on a mission or training with mom or Sasuke, I was with Ren. My days started to blend together into a blur of passing faces in my mind.

"Saya" Sasuke growled, "pay attention"

"Sorry what were we talking about?" I grumbled back.

"We're going to be assigned a mission outside of the village starting tomarrow"

"Oh ok" I shrugged and went back to daydreaming.

I'd been outside the village before. When ever dad left to go to the sand or on business I usually followed. It had been a while since I'd gone farther then a few miles outside the gates though.

"I want all of you to behave and act professional. Our first mission is going to be to escort a very important member of the sand home saftly."

This perked my interest. "who?"

Sasuke-tato only smirked. "You'll find out tomorrow"

I hmned crossing my arms over my chest.

Suddenly I felt something wrap around my waist and around my legs. Startled I looked down.

It was sand.

I smirked letting the sand wrap around my body and lift me into the air.

"Or you could find out now" Sasuke grumbled.

I looked around trying to spot my old friend but couldn't find him until the sand dropped me lightly into familiar arms.

I looked up at the familiar red headed ninja and grinned. "Gaara-kun!"

Gaara smirked back before lowering me back onto my feet.

"Saya-chan... you've gotten bigger."

"I told you so Gaara. She's not the same wild little girl." dads voice said from somewhere behind me.

"I see" Gaara nodded, looking a little sad.

I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him forward. "I'll see you tomorrow Sasuke-Sensei! I'm going to bring Gaara-kun to get ramen! Dad your paying!"

Dad sweat dropped before running after us, "Saya-chan!"

****

||P.O.V. unknown ||

I watched as the target ran towards the little girl and the sands leader.

Dad?

Quickly I made a simple hand sigh summoning a butterfly.

"Leader-Sama... I've got news of the target"

****

||P.O.V Saya ||

Leaving the village was a lot of fun surprisingly. Gaara-kun watched the forest rather closely though...

I narrowed my eyes and glanced at Sasuke-Tato who was doing the same thing...

"Saya" Sasuke suddenly barked.

He flashed over to me before leaning into my ear and whispering. "If anything happens, like were attacked by bandits or ninja do not use your crystal type chakra. Understand?"

I felt my brow lace together and nodded

"Also" he continued, "when ever were outside the village if anyone asks your last name is Uchiha"