Chapter 20: Memory lane

|| P.O.V. Ren ||

I stood with my back up against my front door, my heart trying to leap out of my chest.

She.... Said yes.

A smile broke out across my face. She really said yes?

Akamaru suddenly apeared out of no where. He crocked his head to the side and let out a small bark.

I sighed and opened my mind to him.

"I'm sorry Akamaru, what was that?" I asked.

"where's Cuan" he asked.

I shrugged and started towards my room not wanting him to see me blush, "he went out with one of my teammates."

I shut the my bedroom door before Akumaru could answer. I closed off my mind before collapsing onto my bed.

Akumaru let out an annoyed growl before I heard him walking away, his nails clicking against the wooden floor.

I smirked. Everyone in my clan thought it was weird that I could break the mental connection with our pack mates at will, but I always considered it a blessing. Some people even went as far as to say I could do it because I wasn't loyal.

A growl slid threw my teeth. I was more loyal to my family and pack then any of them.

The Inuzuka Clan was growing rapidly lately and our techniques were growing more powerful. From what my father told me our clan had more then doubled after the months following the destruction of the village by Pain. Before the attack the number of people wearing the name 'Inuzuka' was roughly around thirty to fourty, but then our numbers jumped to about a hundred in a three year time span.

Hokage-Sama had agreed to let us build our own compound so we could all live near one another. Shortly after that I was born.

Dad prided himself in the fact I was a natural born pure-blood. Most of the babbies born into our clan are mutts. But there still Inuzuka none the less. The clans elders ushally proform a weird cleaning ritual on the newborns. After the cleansing there deamed "pure-blooded"

A couple of the people marrying into the clan also had the ritual done so they could claim to be 'Inuzuka-blooded'

My aunt Hana's husband had it done. His last name was originally Kin. I honestly think he had it done so Hana wouldn't have to change her last name....

I opened my mind and reached out to Cuan. I closed my eyes and focused. I felt my thoughts slip away as Cuan's mind filled mine.

He was running along side Saya-chan. She was giggling and a light blush stained her skin.

"what's going on?" I thought to Cuan.

Cuan let out a small surpised bark. Saya-chan eyed him strangly.

"is everything ok, Cuan-Kun?" she asked nicely.

Cuan nodded his head and mentally growled at me.

"what is it Ren?" he growled.

I let out a soft chuckle, "Akumaru was asking for you.''

"Papa did?" he thought back surpised.

It was kind of funny how that turned out. Akumaru was mated to my moms partner named Rin. That's how mom and dad met. Mom had me and my three sisters after a while. A couple months after my youngest sister was born Rin had a litter of four puppies. Each took a liking to a different child.

Cuan just so happened to choose me.

"what did he want?" he thought.

I mentally shrugged. "I didn't listen long enough to find out."